AT&T Customer Scam - I'm going to file a BBB complaint

Contributor

AT&T Customer Scam - I'm going to file a BBB complaint

I'm sick and tired of repeating this same story over and over. There has been no resolution. It's reached a head today and I'm sick and tired of being hung up on and ignored. AT&T employees obviously do not give a hoot about their job, let alone the customer. 

I've spoken to the reps about 10 times trying to get them to send the bills to my email. They never do. I've asked them time and time again to make sure they're sending the bills to the correct email. They don't. I don't pay this bill - I don't check my email - that's what I pay employees to do. If they don't receive an email, they don't know a bill is due. 

It's a simple request, but far above the heads of any customer service representatives that AT&T hires that are simply there to ask me if I've paid my bill every time I log in as opposed to actually help me.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH CORPORATE

I was hung up on 3 times today. The first two times were with the live chat supervisor named Trevor. I was calm and nice with him, but I didn't believe he was a supervisor. He hung up on me the first time when I told him I was going to file a complaint against him. The second time I got the same person again and I was hung up on again. 

Now I'm talking to another representative who said they can't help me and that it's outside of their expertise.

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with. AT&T is nothing but copy and paste messages. It's a scam - they hook you into a contract and then once you're locked in, they treat you like crap. 

Message 1 of 7 (846 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: AT&T Customer Scam - I'm going to file a BBB complaint

You should be able to log in to your account online and sign up for ebilling. Have you tried that?

On the other hand, it seems to me your employees could pay your bill just as easily when a paper bill comes, no?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (829 Views)

You know you have a bill that is due every month, regardless whether it's emailed to you, mailed to you, or you login to your account and get the amount due.  Filing a complaint for your refusal to pay a bill will get you no where.  As MicCheck said, log in to your account and set up paperless billing yourself.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 7 (736 Views)
ACE - Master

I'm PRETTY sure that the Terms of Service says "I will pay my bill when it's due." or something like that.

I've never really gone over the TOS with a fine tooth comb but one can assume that's in there.  Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (730 Views)

I agree with the replies you have gotten so far, and skeeter is absloutely right regarding an agreement to pay for services in the TOS, noting item #4.  While you may expect your employees to pay the bill when it is received, the account (and hence, payment) is still your responsibility.    Log in to your Uverse account online, set up paperless billing and go to the myAT&T tab.  then select Billing & Payments > manage paperless billing > update notification settings, and you can get an email notification of when the bill is due.  Otherwise, you can continue to receive a paper bill via snail mail, but I do not know if you can get email notification.  However, the mere receipt of a physical bill should be the signal to send a check.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 5 of 7 (713 Views)
Contributor

I'm sorry, But I agree with the previous replies. I've ha...

I'm sorry, But I agree with the previous replies. I've had nothing but great experiences when dealing with AT&T reps. I simply love AT&T! And, if you receive a paper bill, that's a good indication that it's due! And you can set your own billing preferences.
Message 6 of 7 (201 Views)
Tutor

I haven't had problems getting the bills, but certainly agree with everything else!  Worst company I have ever had to deal with.

Message 7 of 7 (147 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.