Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 2, 2014
7:44:23 PM
View profile
AT&T Charging Me For Something That Doesn't Work

A guy came to our residence to install a internet jack so we could have U-verse in our home.  Once connected he discovered that there was something wrong with our signal and it turned out to be a much larger issue.  I just got off the phone with AT&T and they've told me that I still have to pay for the installation even though we had to cancel our internet and go with a different company.  I didn't choose to leave AT&T they just couldnt provide the service we wanted to pay for so we had to switch.  We wanted to have AT&T service but couldnt because of a technical issue.  And what did we get in return for choosing them.  A $100.00 jack that doesnt do anything.  A shocking way to treat customers from such a large company and a shame for someone we've been using for years.  

There are very few people in this world that are ok to pay for something that doesnt work.  It breaks my heart that AT&T is trying to get away with it.

A guy came to our residence to install a internet jack so we could have U-verse in our home.  Once connected he discovered that there was something wrong with our signal and it turned out to be a much larger issue.  I just got off the phone with AT&T and they've told me that I still have to pay for the installation even though we had to cancel our internet and go with a different company.  I didn't choose to leave AT&T they just couldnt provide the service we wanted to pay for so we had to switch.  We wanted to have AT&T service but couldnt because of a technical issue.  And what did we get in return for choosing them.  A $100.00 jack that doesnt do anything.  A shocking way to treat customers from such a large company and a shame for someone we've been using for years.  

There are very few people in this world that are ok to pay for something that doesnt work.  It breaks my heart that AT&T is trying to get away with it.

AT&T Charging Me For Something That Doesn't Work

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 8:14:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Charging Me For Something That Doesn't Work

2 of 3 (212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 8:17:48 PM
(0)
Employee
More information please....
Your post seems to indicate you were a customer self install (CSI)
On a CSI the RG is direct shipped to the customer. (Was it)
If the customer is unable to complete the installation may request a tech visit.
The tech visit is a request $99 service call, not a part of normal CSI.

You state there was a larger issue than a jack installed, was service denied or did you chose to cancel service.
Normally if issue is outside plant,a helper ticket needs to be created to resolve the issue, may delay the install but still doable.
If issue is inside wiring, especially ina multi dwelling unit, the landlord is responsible to resolve.

Without knowing more details it is difficult to offer advice, but suspect if you requested a services call and later you requested to cancel service, the charge should apply as in other business where initial work has been done by a mechanic or plumber, electrician or doctor.
More information please....
Your post seems to indicate you were a customer self install (CSI)
On a CSI the RG is direct shipped to the customer. (Was it)
If the customer is unable to complete the installation may request a tech visit.
The tech visit is a request $99 service call, not a part of normal CSI.

You state there was a larger issue than a jack installed, was service denied or did you chose to cancel service.
Normally if issue is outside plant,a helper ticket needs to be created to resolve the issue, may delay the install but still doable.
If issue is inside wiring, especially ina multi dwelling unit, the landlord is responsible to resolve.

Without knowing more details it is difficult to offer advice, but suspect if you requested a services call and later you requested to cancel service, the charge should apply as in other business where initial work has been done by a mechanic or plumber, electrician or doctor.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T Charging Me For Something That Doesn't Work

3 of 3 (210 Views)