Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Oct 26, 2013
3:35:46 PM
View profile
AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE ALL LIARS!

i am relativly new to at&t services...i signed up for at&t home phone line, internet and directv in late june, transferring from comcast...the reason i left comcast was poor customer service and bad services all together..i was straight up lied to when signing up for comcast on my prices and package deals...so long story short, i left them for at&t...

i was delighted at first. i signed up on line with a customer service rep via the on line chat walking me through the steps. i was OFFERED 2 different promotional items since i was bundling my services and i was a new customer. well, that was in June and i haven't heard nor seen anything regarding my promotional items so i called at&t this last friday. 

i spent a total of 4 hours on phone (mostly hold) and on line via chat with numerous different reps. from a regular customer service rep to a rewards rep to a supposed supervisor and i received a different response from each person i spoke with regarding my issues of promotional items. EVERYONE WANTED TO PASS THE BUCK. 

i need to know who i can call that will assist me and not pass the buck! I AM ABOUT TO CANCEL MY SERVICES B/C OF THIS. 

when i signed up i was promised a 100.00 at&t gift card along with a wireless devise. when i called, one person says i can get it but need a correct promotional code, another says i am not eligible b.c that wasnt a promotion. another says that i wasnt eligible b/c i didnt sign up for correct services. another says i am not eligible b/c i didnt sign up in before promo was over, july 30th. (but as i stated, i signed up for all services at end of june)..

i was flat out hung up on 3 seperate times! not b/c of something i said either. i was being trasferred and person picked up line and hung up immediately. 

i am so frustrated i have the chat from my original sign up date and i sent to rep and was basically called a liar.

please assit me!

i am relativly new to at&t services...i signed up for at&t home phone line, internet and directv in late june, transferring from comcast...the reason i left comcast was poor customer service and bad services all together..i was straight up lied to when signing up for comcast on my prices and package deals...so long story short, i left them for at&t...

i was delighted at first. i signed up on line with a customer service rep via the on line chat walking me through the steps. i was OFFERED 2 different promotional items since i was bundling my services and i was a new customer. well, that was in June and i haven't heard nor seen anything regarding my promotional items so i called at&t this last friday. 

i spent a total of 4 hours on phone (mostly hold) and on line via chat with numerous different reps. from a regular customer service rep to a rewards rep to a supposed supervisor and i received a different response from each person i spoke with regarding my issues of promotional items. EVERYONE WANTED TO PASS THE BUCK. 

i need to know who i can call that will assist me and not pass the buck! I AM ABOUT TO CANCEL MY SERVICES B/C OF THIS. 

when i signed up i was promised a 100.00 at&t gift card along with a wireless devise. when i called, one person says i can get it but need a correct promotional code, another says i am not eligible b.c that wasnt a promotion. another says that i wasnt eligible b/c i didnt sign up for correct services. another says i am not eligible b/c i didnt sign up in before promo was over, july 30th. (but as i stated, i signed up for all services at end of june)..

i was flat out hung up on 3 seperate times! not b/c of something i said either. i was being trasferred and person picked up line and hung up immediately. 

i am so frustrated i have the chat from my original sign up date and i sent to rep and was basically called a liar.

please assit me!

AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE ALL LIARS!

4 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 3:39:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE ALL LIARS!

2 of 5 (614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 6:19:42 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @meangene1969 

Thank you for your post. I apologize for your bad experience with AT&T, and we want to make it right! Please follow the advice that gave you and send us a private message and one of our social media managers will reach out to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @meangene1969 

Thank you for your post. I apologize for your bad experience with AT&T, and we want to make it right! Please follow the advice that gave you and send us a private message and one of our social media managers will reach out to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 6:15:56 AM
(0)
Tutor
I feel you! I was also promised by the sales person that my uverse bundle internet of UP to 24mbps and voice 200 would be marked down for 39.95 per month.
Turned out, i was billed the original monthly PLUS the connection fee of $100 is NOT waived as promised! Been calling customer service for 5 times, waisted my time, my 200 minutes a month voice and file a complain in customer care, and still dont hear any better news!!!
I feel you! I was also promised by the sales person that my uverse bundle internet of UP to 24mbps and voice 200 would be marked down for 39.95 per month.
Turned out, i was billed the original monthly PLUS the connection fee of $100 is NOT waived as promised! Been calling customer service for 5 times, waisted my time, my 200 minutes a month voice and file a complain in customer care, and still dont hear any better news!!!

4 of 5 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 10:13:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Fif wrote:

You were given completely inaccurate information as that promo does not exist. Were you promised this by a D2D salesman or over the phone?

Fif wrote:

You were given completely inaccurate information as that promo does not exist. Were you promised this by a D2D salesman or over the phone?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (317 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments