$99 Tech Visit

Contributor

$99 Tech Visit

I have u-verse internet and constant problems with connection. First I started with 6MBps internet speed as this is more than I need. Works great for some time but about 6 months ago the pages were not loading correctly, or page would load without any pictures. Thinking to myself as tech savvy guy, I see this happen on my multiple computes, must be my small 8-port switch. I have replaced that, but issue persisted. Finally last month I called ATT tech support, they run some diagnostics reset my gateway remotely and I lost internet after that. Tech guy came out, reset my gateway to default which fixed the problem with the internet connection but the pages still did not load properly. For that visit I got charged $99, my new bill just came in mail. This month I have contacted the tech support about the same issue. Again, they are sending tech guy to replace gateway.

The question I have is why I get bill $99? I called ATT customer service they tell me because tech visit, but tech support sends him and did not advise me about any $99 unless they are not related to ATT fault. Just because I bought ATT gateway and it is my, it should be covered under ATT as this is provided by them and the problem is occurring.

Billing department indicated that I have signed the paper, invoice for $99 visit. When I asked to provide this information to me they could not find it. They indicated I need to contact tech guy for this. What???? In my mind tech is just filling out the paper work and send this to ATT billing department or wherever.

At this point I am not sure who I need to talk to in ATT to address this problem. If anyone can advise me how and who I need to call that understand this type of problems.

Message 1 of 2 (440 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: $99 Tech Visit

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (437 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.