Helpful Links

888-803-2456 U-verse Help Line?

Tutor

888-803-2456 U-verse Help Line?

The AT&T U-verse help line that I used to call (888-***) is forwarding to a Travel Agency whose operator proceeds to tell me that I have won a FREE trip to the Bahamas for two days and two nights (for up to four persons) and all that I have to do is pay the government taxes. They said they are "legitimate" and not a scam, when I quizzed them about why they intercepted my call to AT&T.  The operator claimed that my call was transferred to them because I was put on hold.  First of all, I know they're blatantly lying to me, but I cannot believe AT&T would either disconnect their old help line or resell it to a travel agency (most likely owned overseas).  I did some research and noticed that this help line goes to a AT&T webpage that says is not available anymore.  Seriously, AT&T...why would you do this?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 8
Employee

Re: 888-803-2456 U-verse Help Line?

Uverse Support has only one number 1-800-288-2020

For the current list of ATT numbers please see http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Yes, after my call was answered by that Travel Agency, I realized that (800) 288-2020 is the support number. However, when I became an AT&T client, customer service employees used to give out that 888 number and it was also published on your website, but I noticed it was eventually removed.  If you Google that #, you'll see a fragment of the link (see my next post for the link).

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Ordering new service for u-verse and highspeed int... - AT&T ...
forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/...id/.../1‎
Please call an AT&T U-verse customer service representative at 1-888-***during normal business hours to discuss ordering and installation options.).

[please do not post unconfirmed phone numbers]

Message 4 of 8
Tutor

HERE'S ANOTHER GOOGLE LINK THAT I FOUND:

uverse central page - AT&T Community Support
forums.att.com › ... › Features and How To › uverse central page‎
Aug 6, 2008 - We have recently enhanced our network which may allow certain upgrades to your AT&T U-verse experience. Please call 1-888-***

[please do not post unconfirmed phone numbers]

Message 5 of 8
Tutor

You have to understand, the point that I was trying to make in this post is that this Travel Agency is claiming that the AT&T calls are forwarding to them because I was on hold (and it actually went to them directly).  They are lying to people.  I guarantee you that they KNOW what they're doing and are trying to take advantage of AT&T customers.  Instead of just telling me (and other people who read these forums) that the correct number is (800) 288-2020, you as an employee should report this incident to AT&T executives in order to get this Travel Agency to stop deceiving people and taking advantage of them.

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Employee

You do realize you reference a phone number from 2008, Uverse was first released in late 2006 to a few select markets. As expansion occurred, departments created, operations moved, etc. While I am not aware of when your number was discontinued, to be released suspect at least a year as invalid. The 2020 number has been used at least since middle 2011, past two years.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

Again, you still don't understand my point!  I don't care whether that 888 number was from 2013 or 2008. This is not why I reported it on this forum.  As I mentioned, this Travel Agency is claiming that the AT&T calls are forwarding to them because I was on hold and went to them directly.  I can't say that there are still AT&T customers using that old number, but I am reporting this to AT&T anyway.  As an employee, you should report this incident to your managers/executives in order to get this Travel Agency to stop deceiving people (or customers) and taking advantage of them!

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support