Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 19, 2013
1:28:17 PM
View profile
3rd Party E-mail - Unable to Send Outgoing E-mail

To Whom It May Concern,

Our company is using a 3rd party e-mail server located in our headquarters overseas.  With our previous ISP, our e-mail settings were set on our e-mail POP3 (Port 110) and SMTP (Port 25) servers, and never had an issue with incoming and outgoing mail. 

Since switching to AT&T U-Verse (with no e-mail setting changes), we have been able to receive e-mails, however we cannot send out any e-mails.

We have tried to change the e-mail settings to the below (as read from other posts), but we still have no luck in getting our e-mails sent out.

SMTP Sever:  outbound.att.net

Outgoing Port:  465

Encryption Type:  SSL

Can you please kindly advise how we can fix this problem?  Thanks!

To Whom It May Concern,

Our company is using a 3rd party e-mail server located in our headquarters overseas.  With our previous ISP, our e-mail settings were set on our e-mail POP3 (Port 110) and SMTP (Port 25) servers, and never had an issue with incoming and outgoing mail. 

Since switching to AT&T U-Verse (with no e-mail setting changes), we have been able to receive e-mails, however we cannot send out any e-mails.

We have tried to change the e-mail settings to the below (as read from other posts), but we still have no luck in getting our e-mails sent out.

SMTP Sever:  outbound.att.net

Outgoing Port:  465

Encryption Type:  SSL

Can you please kindly advise how we can fix this problem?  Thanks!

3rd Party E-mail - Unable to Send Outgoing E-mail

1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 3:06:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It would depend how your mail server overseas is set up as to how your pop 3 client needs to match up.  I know AT&T blocks port 25 on their network. 

So you have two options:

1) Call someone that handles your mail server overseas and see if they can do the ports as AT&T says to set them up, or

2) Call AT&T and get them to unblock port 25 for you.  They used to do this for people but not sure if they still do.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

It would depend how your mail server overseas is set up as to how your pop 3 client needs to match up.  I know AT&T blocks port 25 on their network. 

So you have two options:

1) Call someone that handles your mail server overseas and see if they can do the ports as AT&T says to set them up, or

2) Call AT&T and get them to unblock port 25 for you.  They used to do this for people but not sure if they still do.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3rd Party E-mail - Unable to Send Outgoing E-mail

2 of 2 (410 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments