$300 Rebate for Moving is Bogus

Highlighted
Contributor

$300 Rebate for Moving is Bogus

I've been a U-verse customer since 2008. I went through a ridiculous number of hoops to get my service. The rebate center denied all of the rebates I had been promised and then denied all of the rebates that were promised for referring people.

There was a customer service representative that, thankfully, finally got all of that straightened out and was able to get me what had been promised.

Now I'm moving. Everything says I "may" qualify for a $300 rebate. I set up my transfer and found out that because I had $5 off of my monthly Internet, or something like that, I don't qualify.

I don't even care about the money. Just stop this bait and switch crap when you have no intention of paying it! Set a price, so I can decide if your service is worth it!

Message 1 of 5 (1,386 Views)
Community Support

Re: $300 Rebate for Moving is Bogus

Hi @brian.bush,

I am sorry about the issues you have been having with the rebate cards. We would be happy to assist. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here.

Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (1,313 Views)
Contributor

I had the same problems. I had dish network and uveese in...

I had the same problems. I had dish network and uveese internet. When I was ready to move I called to transfer my internet service
Message 3 of 5 (1,111 Views)
Contributor

I was told if I switched back to AT&T uverse for my TV se...

I was told if I switched back to AT&T uverse for my TV service I would get a $300 rebate when I moved.I agree to this and they set up an appointment to hook up my service two weeks after that. Instead of coming to the new house do with the old house on the installed date.I called you for support task what was going on iand during a conversation I was given an offer to upgrade my internet speed with a promotional rate.
Message 4 of 5 (1,103 Views)
Contributor

after getting the run around for about 6 or 7 months supp...

after getting the run around for about 6 or 7 months support telling me I had to talk to rebates, rebates telling me to talk to support I was told that because I got the promo on the internet service I couldn't get the $300 rebate(I was going to use the rebate to offset the early termination fee from dish). I was never told that when I upgraded my service. The orders were at least a month apart. Funny how if I get the rebate or the promo offer they didn't ask me which one I wanted, they just decided to give me the one that didn't cost them any money even though I applied for the rebate long before I upgraded my internet.
Message 5 of 5 (1,101 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.