Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 23, 2014
5:29:37 PM
View profile
3.5 hours with customer service

I was on the phone with AT&T customer service for 3 hours and 36 minutes yesterday -- and got transferred eight times. While on the phone with the 9th person, reception was poor so I hung up.

I joined this forum so I can share that awful customer service experience as well as try to get the correct answer to my questions.

1) how to activate combined billing that I once had

2) discount for multiple services

Since I used to have all services bundled along with a $5 monthly "discount" for multiple services, I was told I could reinstate this bundled invoice and the discount. I lost both when I moved to another state and wanted to keep the old state's cell phone number. When I moved back to the original state in November, I was told these options are no longer available. When I inquired again yesterday, I was told they were. One of the reps listed below said that AT&T eliminated the combined billing in February (but grandfather those who had it); however, had I received correct information in November, I should have received it then. The bundled discount is more important to me than the combined billing; but, receiving different information from different people after being on the phone for so long is unacceptable)

1- Jordan: processed move order and transferred me to

2 - Tiffany - in combined billing department; she couldn't process change because of "glitch in system"; she transferred me to

3- Charles - in the wireless department; he said he was wrong department, so he transferred me to

4- Laura - in Uverse department; she couldn't help me but put manager on the phone...

5- Mike - Laura's manager apologized for not being able to help and transferred me to

6- George - in wireless customer service. He couldn’t help me, but transferred me to

7- George Ann - in combined billing department; she hung up on me and George...George then transferred me to

8 - Ryan - in wireless department; he couldn't help, but transferred me

9 - Jennifer: George stayed on line, but they couldn't hear me. And George (although tried to help) didn't understand that it was 2 separate steps  1) combining the bill, and 2) getting the bundled discount -- which I believe needs to processed by two different departments.

I"m frustrated beyond belief.  And 3 1/2 hours on the phone is ridiculous.  And I still did not resolve the questions of combined billing and bundled rates

I was on the phone with AT&T customer service for 3 hours and 36 minutes yesterday -- and got transferred eight times. While on the phone with the 9th person, reception was poor so I hung up.

I joined this forum so I can share that awful customer service experience as well as try to get the correct answer to my questions.

1) how to activate combined billing that I once had

2) discount for multiple services

Since I used to have all services bundled along with a $5 monthly "discount" for multiple services, I was told I could reinstate this bundled invoice and the discount. I lost both when I moved to another state and wanted to keep the old state's cell phone number. When I moved back to the original state in November, I was told these options are no longer available. When I inquired again yesterday, I was told they were. One of the reps listed below said that AT&T eliminated the combined billing in February (but grandfather those who had it); however, had I received correct information in November, I should have received it then. The bundled discount is more important to me than the combined billing; but, receiving different information from different people after being on the phone for so long is unacceptable)

1- Jordan: processed move order and transferred me to

2 - Tiffany - in combined billing department; she couldn't process change because of "glitch in system"; she transferred me to

3- Charles - in the wireless department; he said he was wrong department, so he transferred me to

4- Laura - in Uverse department; she couldn't help me but put manager on the phone...

5- Mike - Laura's manager apologized for not being able to help and transferred me to

6- George - in wireless customer service. He couldn’t help me, but transferred me to

7- George Ann - in combined billing department; she hung up on me and George...George then transferred me to

8 - Ryan - in wireless department; he couldn't help, but transferred me

9 - Jennifer: George stayed on line, but they couldn't hear me. And George (although tried to help) didn't understand that it was 2 separate steps  1) combining the bill, and 2) getting the bundled discount -- which I believe needs to processed by two different departments.

I"m frustrated beyond belief.  And 3 1/2 hours on the phone is ridiculous.  And I still did not resolve the questions of combined billing and bundled rates

3.5 hours with customer service

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2014 7:11:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 3.5 hours with customer service

2 of 2 (278 Views)