Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Nov 6, 2013
2:18:52 PM
2 Xbox Consoles on 1 network - NVG589 adding Linksys EA6300

NVG589 adding Linksys EA6300 – Uverse Internet – purpose is to have 2 Xbox Consoles on 1 network

Need “step by step” tutorial – step one turn on computer, step 2 connect Secondary router to??? And then???  Seriously … thought I knew what I was doing but apparently DO NOT!!!

I've read through many "IP Passthrough" threads and all that I've read give some version of changing the 'Device IPv4 Address'.  However, when I did this my NVG589 went crazy and lost internet for 24 hours!

• What are the actual steps from start to finish to setup the ATT NVG589 – and then configure the secondary router to match up and not have conflicting IP address issues?

I need an extremely “dummed” down explanation because I’m a “dummed” down tech guy … ATT is making feel stupid.

NVG589 adding Linksys EA6300 – Uverse Internet – purpose is to have 2 Xbox Consoles on 1 network

Need “step by step” tutorial – step one turn on computer, step 2 connect Secondary router to??? And then???  Seriously … thought I knew what I was doing but apparently DO NOT!!!

I've read through many "IP Passthrough" threads and all that I've read give some version of changing the 'Device IPv4 Address'.  However, when I did this my NVG589 went crazy and lost internet for 24 hours!

• What are the actual steps from start to finish to setup the ATT NVG589 – and then configure the secondary router to match up and not have conflicting IP address issues?

I need an extremely “dummed” down explanation because I’m a “dummed” down tech guy … ATT is making feel stupid.

2 Xbox Consoles on 1 network - NVG589 adding Linksys EA6300

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 12:34:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Try this: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/How-to-put-the-Motorola-NVG589-in-bridge-mode-or-as-clo...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 2 Xbox Consoles on 1 network - NVG589 adding Linksys EA6300

2 of 4 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 12:04:13 AM
(0)
Teacher

I don't have a 589 on hand to reference.  Disable DHCP on your Linksys EA6300 to get it to work.   Then go to 192.168.1.254 and select the firewal, Applications, Pinholes and DMZ .  Select your router's IP, and set as the DMZ. No traffic from your router will hit the firewall. All will pass through.

I don't have a 589 on hand to reference.  Disable DHCP on your Linksys EA6300 to get it to work.   Then go to 192.168.1.254 and select the firewal, Applications, Pinholes and DMZ .  Select your router's IP, and set as the DMZ. No traffic from your router will hit the firewall. All will pass through.

3 of 4 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 12:05:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

make sure that your lynksys router is connected from our router to yours on an ethernet port, not the internet port.

make sure that your lynksys router is connected from our router to yours on an ethernet port, not the internet port.

4 of 4 (312 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments