Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 10, 2013
7:57:05 AM
2 HD Channels Cause TV to freeze

If I watch ch 1138 TVLDHD or 1140 COM HD within 20 mins or so the TV just freezes and sound stops. All lights on the STB are normal. You can change channels on the remote and see the STB blink but the TV is stuck showing frozen last frame. I power off everything and turn back on and it will freeze again.

The freezing only happens on these 2 channels, and it seems that when it happens commercials are playing.

Any ideas?

If I watch ch 1138 TVLDHD or 1140 COM HD within 20 mins or so the TV just freezes and sound stops. All lights on the STB are normal. You can change channels on the remote and see the STB blink but the TV is stuck showing frozen last frame. I power off everything and turn back on and it will freeze again.

The freezing only happens on these 2 channels, and it seems that when it happens commercials are playing.

Any ideas?

2 HD Channels Cause TV to freeze

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 8:30:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Reddog617 - Freezing indicates loss of signal - It cannot refresh. Odd that it is just the two channels, How many STB/TVs do you have. How many does it happen on?
Only things you can do is swap boxes. If you have COAX, make sure all connections are tight & you have compression fittings & no barrel connectors.

You can also try component connection to the TV to see if it is the HDMI acting up.
Reddog617 - Freezing indicates loss of signal - It cannot refresh. Odd that it is just the two channels, How many STB/TVs do you have. How many does it happen on?
Only things you can do is swap boxes. If you have COAX, make sure all connections are tight & you have compression fittings & no barrel connectors.

You can also try component connection to the TV to see if it is the HDMI acting up.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: 2 HD Channels Cause TV to freeze

2 of 6 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 9:41:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have 2 tv/stb's, it is only happening on the 1. All my connections to the STB are LAN connections.

I have 2 tv/stb's, it is only happening on the 1. All my connections to the STB are LAN connections.

3 of 6 (299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 10:01:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Reddog617 - If you swap the two boxes & the problem moves with the box, you can call in for a replacement. If it stays with the TV try component cables.
Reddog617 - If you swap the two boxes & the problem moves with the box, you can call in for a replacement. If it stays with the TV try component cables.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 10, 2013 3:40:43 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello Reddog617,

I'm sorry about the service interruptions with your TV receiver. I can help you replace the receiver if you noticed the same issue after performing the recommendations provided above. If the trouble was eliminated at the new location you may have some defective wiring and I can also make arrangements to have it resolved. I have sent you a private message to assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Reddog617,

I'm sorry about the service interruptions with your TV receiver. I can help you replace the receiver if you noticed the same issue after performing the recommendations provided above. If the trouble was eliminated at the new location you may have some defective wiring and I can also make arrangements to have it resolved. I have sent you a private message to assist you further.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2013 4:38:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Reddog617 on Nov 11, 2013 at 4:39:00 PM

I think I might of found the issue. My installer for the HDTV and Surround System(Non-ATT) ran HDMI from the STB to the TV and Optical from the TV to the surround sytem. I took the optical out of the TV and put in the STB and have been watching 1140 for over 45 + mins with No Issue.

I'm not sure what that will do to the Bluray player, but I will sort that out later.

Thanks for the assistance.

Reddog

I think I might of found the issue. My installer for the HDTV and Surround System(Non-ATT) ran HDMI from the STB to the TV and Optical from the TV to the surround sytem. I took the optical out of the TV and put in the STB and have been watching 1140 for over 45 + mins with No Issue.

I'm not sure what that will do to the Bluray player, but I will sort that out later.

Thanks for the assistance.

Reddog

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (241 Views)