1st day with DVR and its already broken.

Contributor

1st day with DVR and its already broken.

It's been less than 24 hours and my DVR is already in need of replacement. It froze and after restarting the unit per directions the screen shows a red X and 2 dots. Not I get to set aside more time to having a new unit installed on Sunday.

Surely AT&T wouldn't charge me for TV service I'm unable to use for another week?

Has anyone else gotten to actually email Customer Service about problems like this? 

The support and Contact Us pages just seem to go around and around. 

Message 1 of 4 (287 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: 1st day with DVR and its already broken.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

They can adjust your bill for the trouble.  If you happen to have another U-verse receiver you can move it to your TV that has the defective DVR until it is replaced.  You can still watch TV then.  If you don't have another receiver than your out of luck until the replacement is installed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)
Community Support

Hi r1ecko,

I apologize for the inconveniences with the DVR not working. I will be glad to resolve this for you. I will be sending you a private message to help get this replaced for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (232 Views)
Guru

Very rare this happens. It could be xfinity and occur weekly! 

What d.v.r. do you have? Cisco or Motorola?

I have the vip2250 motorola and it's awesome!

Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.