Helpful Links

1st Bill payment arrangement

1st Bill payment arrangement

Ok so normally I would flame someone for this issue and I still deserve to probably be flamed but hear me out.

So I have my first bill due in a few days and can't come up with the money. I just had to shell out a few thousand dollars for car repairs and a rental car to get around. I feel so silly and embarrassed for not being able to come up with the money for my first ATT bill but I figured they would at least work with me.

I know the policy is strict for new customers and I understand why but I figured it would not hurt to ask for a 5 day extension. Usually companies always have some wiggle room to help people out. Stuff happens. Plus, they know I have great credit and it was good enough to sign up with them w/ no deposit or restrictions or w.e so I figured they would throw me a bone. I was dead wrong.

Spoke with 3 different people and got no help whatsoever. NO solution at all. Just said there is nothing they could do. And when I asked what would happen they had no answers. Just said that I might get suspended or canceled and they have no idea when but it could happen.

Now I find it pretty odd that no one could find a solution for me. Especially when a customer makes an effort to resolve the issue. I used to work customer service years ago and we would always appreciate when a customer was kind and showed some initiative. Is ATT just too big to care or what?

Anyway, I want to know if anyone had any insight as to what might happen? Will they immediately cancel my account? Or will I just see a "service interruption?" And if so, when will I see that service interruption? 

Again I feel horrible and ashamed for being in this scenario but I am appalled that ATT can't help me out at all.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: 1st Bill payment arrangement

Do you have a credit card that you can make the payment with until you can resolve your money issue? AT&T usually frowns upon making a payment arrangement on the first bill. They may require a deposit if they feel that you are not credit worthy asking for a payment arrangement after just getting service.
There are some AT&T employees that post on the forum. Private message one of them and if anything can be done, they will point you in the right direction.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Community Manager

Hello, jimmyjohn24!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent unexpected circumstances. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can explore some alternatives with you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7

K I will do that thank you guys for the assistance !
Message 4 of 7
Employee

New customers generally are not eligible for payment arrangements.  Eligibility requirements are:

You're eligible to make a payment arrangement if:

• You've had AT&T Wireless service for at least six months.
  • Your service hasn't been suspended or canceled in the past six months.
  • You haven't broken a payment arrangement in the past three months.
  • You haven't had more than two payments returned due to non-sufficient funds (NSF) in the past six months.

I dont think you will be suspended if it is just for 5 days, but cannot make any guarantees.  Good luck!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7

Yeah I spoke with some friends that have ATT and they were all pretty confident that action is not usually taken that quickly. Hopefully you all are right. Thanks !

scorpdog93 wrote:

New customers generally are not eligible for payment arrangements.  Eligibility requirements are:

You're eligible to make a payment arrangement if:

• You've had AT&T Wireless service for at least six months.
  • Your service hasn't been suspended or canceled in the past six months.
  • You haven't broken a payment arrangement in the past three months.
  • You haven't had more than two payments returned due to non-sufficient funds (NSF) in the past six months.

I dont think you will be suspended if it is just for 5 days, but cannot make any guarantees.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

You should be ok if it's only five days and being cut off that fast is nor likely.. I've seen where people tell att what their plans are and things go smoothly even for a new customer.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support