Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 17, 2012
4:39:30 PM
$100 VISA Rebate Promise

It seems everyone is having the same issue I am having.  It's concerning to see that so many people are being mislead by AT&T sales representatives.  I called on 5/7/12 to cancel my AT&T internet service, due to the fact that the current internet promotion I had was ending.  The person I spoke with told me about a new promotion and told me I could get faster internet for the same price, $24.95 a month.  I asked about what charges there would be associated with changing over to the new service and she said that since I already had internet with AT&T that there would be no installation fee, or any other fees.  She did inform me that my current AT&T modem would not work and that I would have to get a new one, but that it would be essentially free with a $100 VISA card.  I asked her about 20 times what my first bill would be and she clearly stated that it would be for $25 in internet service, and $100 for the modem.  She also told me that I should recieve the $100 card in the mail very soon.  I never recieved the card.  Also my bill is $190 not the $125+tax promised.  First the internet is $29.95 a month not $24.95.  Oh well, I guess I need to pick my battles.  Next I was charged an activation fee of $50.  I called AT&T customer service and got a customer service representative who helped remove that charge.  I asked her why I didn't get my card yet, was it in the mail?  She informed me that I am elible for the card and good to go as soon as I register online to get the card in the mail.  After hunting online for a while and chatting with someone online I finally found the website for getting my reward.  It tells me that I am not eligible for a $100 card.  Why are so many AT&T employees lying to me?  I spend hours on the phone trying to get this stuff sorted out.  How do I get the reward I was promised?  If I can't get the reward, how do I cancel my internet and return the modem?  I'm not paying for something I was told would be free.  Is it best to resolve this through Better Business Bureau?  Anyone's advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. 

It seems everyone is having the same issue I am having.  It's concerning to see that so many people are being mislead by AT&T sales representatives.  I called on 5/7/12 to cancel my AT&T internet service, due to the fact that the current internet promotion I had was ending.  The person I spoke with told me about a new promotion and told me I could get faster internet for the same price, $24.95 a month.  I asked about what charges there would be associated with changing over to the new service and she said that since I already had internet with AT&T that there would be no installation fee, or any other fees.  She did inform me that my current AT&T modem would not work and that I would have to get a new one, but that it would be essentially free with a $100 VISA card.  I asked her about 20 times what my first bill would be and she clearly stated that it would be for $25 in internet service, and $100 for the modem.  She also told me that I should recieve the $100 card in the mail very soon.  I never recieved the card.  Also my bill is $190 not the $125+tax promised.  First the internet is $29.95 a month not $24.95.  Oh well, I guess I need to pick my battles.  Next I was charged an activation fee of $50.  I called AT&T customer service and got a customer service representative who helped remove that charge.  I asked her why I didn't get my card yet, was it in the mail?  She informed me that I am elible for the card and good to go as soon as I register online to get the card in the mail.  After hunting online for a while and chatting with someone online I finally found the website for getting my reward.  It tells me that I am not eligible for a $100 card.  Why are so many AT&T employees lying to me?  I spend hours on the phone trying to get this stuff sorted out.  How do I get the reward I was promised?  If I can't get the reward, how do I cancel my internet and return the modem?  I'm not paying for something I was told would be free.  Is it best to resolve this through Better Business Bureau?  Anyone's advice on how to fix this would be appreciated. 

$100 VISA Rebate Promise

2 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2012 5:07:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: $100 VISA Rebate Promise

2 of 3 (3,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 4:04:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem here..started my servie with U Verse on June 28 2013 and the rebate card is still missinig in action....I have called every month without help..always a false promise that it was mailed out just to find out on the next call that it was not processed..also promised free install and was billed $50 and customer service claimed they removed it but was bill the $50 again next month..now they say the $50 is for one month advance bill charge...huhhhh.  After being a customer for over 20 years I am feed up with AT&T rep lies and eargerness to cheat you out of your money..called to cancel service since I am not satisfied at all with the service and lies and they want to charge me $180 early cancellation fee..Way to keep your customers..100% ripoff they don't deliver the $100 rebate card and charge me the install fee which is now a one month advance fee and won't let me cancel..Maybe we are in a communist country now where we are forced to stay onboard against my will even if they don't keep their word they expect me to keep mine...I just want OUT or AT&T for good

Same problem here..started my servie with U Verse on June 28 2013 and the rebate card is still missinig in action....I have called every month without help..always a false promise that it was mailed out just to find out on the next call that it was not processed..also promised free install and was billed $50 and customer service claimed they removed it but was bill the $50 again next month..now they say the $50 is for one month advance bill charge...huhhhh.  After being a customer for over 20 years I am feed up with AT&T rep lies and eargerness to cheat you out of your money..called to cancel service since I am not satisfied at all with the service and lies and they want to charge me $180 early cancellation fee..Way to keep your customers..100% ripoff they don't deliver the $100 rebate card and charge me the install fee which is now a one month advance fee and won't let me cancel..Maybe we are in a communist country now where we are forced to stay onboard against my will even if they don't keep their word they expect me to keep mine...I just want OUT or AT&T for good

Re: $100 VISA Rebate Promise

3 of 3 (1,477 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments