Posted Oct 24, 2012
3:39:24 PM
View profile
$100 VISA Rebate Promise
Edited by BrettMT on Oct 24, 2012 at 5:03:44 PM

I was told I would get $100.00 rebate in 30 Days if I purchased equipment required for U-Verse DSL. I Called today & they confirmed it was noted on my account that I would get the rebate, but they weren't authorized to give it to me. I could have a it as a credit on my service. I don't want to loan AT&T 5 months of service, I want my rebate. If I can't have my rebate, I want to return the equipment & be given a refund.

[script tags removed]

I was told I would get $100.00 rebate in 30 Days if I purchased equipment required for U-Verse DSL. I Called today & they confirmed it was noted on my account that I would get the rebate, but they weren't authorized to give it to me. I could have a it as a credit on my service. I don't want to loan AT&T 5 months of service, I want my rebate. If I can't have my rebate, I want to return the equipment & be given a refund.

[script tags removed]

$100 VISA Rebate Promise

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2012 4:19:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Someone promised you something they weren't allowed to, and the AT&T rep did their best to make it right (i.e. give the equivalent amount as a bill credit) and you're upset?

If you've had the equipment less than 30 you are able to return it.
Someone promised you something they weren't allowed to, and the AT&T rep did their best to make it right (i.e. give the equivalent amount as a bill credit) and you're upset?

If you've had the equipment less than 30 you are able to return it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: $100 VISA Rebate Promise

2 of 7 (1,888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2012 5:38:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

If after two business days you have not gotten a response, Send a PM to Alex. He or someone from his team will get in touch with you. Again keep in mind weekends.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

If after two business days you have not gotten a response, Send a PM to Alex. He or someone from his team will get in touch with you. Again keep in mind weekends.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (1,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2013 11:27:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
Was anyone promised a visa gift card when they signed up for new service at the at&t store?
Was anyone promised a visa gift card when they signed up for new service at the at&t store?

visa gift card

4 of 7 (1,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 4:35:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, I went through the whole friggin process to get a measly $50 and took a client out to lunch today and wouldn't you know it...the thing was declined..they waitress tried two transactions to see if they could get any amount to work...NOTHING...and I got 3 months to use this piece of crap?

I've wasted valuable time and rep trying to use this thing..

Just like all the other UVERSE junk...they can't do anything right.

Yeah, I went through the whole friggin process to get a measly $50 and took a client out to lunch today and wouldn't you know it...the thing was declined..they waitress tried two transactions to see if they could get any amount to work...NOTHING...and I got 3 months to use this piece of crap?

I've wasted valuable time and rep trying to use this thing..

Just like all the other UVERSE junk...they can't do anything right.

Re: visa gift card JUNK!

5 of 7 (817 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 12:02:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes we got the $100.00 Visa Card but the Modeum was $100.00 so do you really win. Your just giving it right back to them because modeums use to be Free when you signed up for specific services many years ago. 

We have had this for over a month, had to wait for visa card so I could pay my bill, can't get onto the AT&T internet even with the help of techinicians trying on their end to log into my account and they were supposed to send a tech out at 8PM last evening. We even received a confirmation of the tech's appointment and they were a No Show. Now, they re-scheduled it for 8PM 7 days later. That means I can't check my yahoo account affilaited with the AT&T for another week. TOTALLY UNACCCEPTABLE! I use to work for AT&T years ago and never EVER was this an okay event. NEVER! 

Oh and when I had DSL problems a few years ago this happened with a No Show and 4 days later I got a call from them minutes before they were going to come to re-install the DSL. I told the tech someone was supposed to be here 4 days ago and his reply was "DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OUT OR NOT!!!" I was floored, no appology, No excuses just blatent rudeness. I made sure someone else was here with me when they came out so that there would not be any issues. They did not have an AT&T logo on their truck either so who was AT&T having do their work for them? Surely not a True AT&T employee but most likely an independent contractor hired by AT&T. 

Yes we got the $100.00 Visa Card but the Modeum was $100.00 so do you really win. Your just giving it right back to them because modeums use to be Free when you signed up for specific services many years ago. 

We have had this for over a month, had to wait for visa card so I could pay my bill, can't get onto the AT&T internet even with the help of techinicians trying on their end to log into my account and they were supposed to send a tech out at 8PM last evening. We even received a confirmation of the tech's appointment and they were a No Show. Now, they re-scheduled it for 8PM 7 days later. That means I can't check my yahoo account affilaited with the AT&T for another week. TOTALLY UNACCCEPTABLE! I use to work for AT&T years ago and never EVER was this an okay event. NEVER! 

Oh and when I had DSL problems a few years ago this happened with a No Show and 4 days later I got a call from them minutes before they were going to come to re-install the DSL. I told the tech someone was supposed to be here 4 days ago and his reply was "DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OUT OR NOT!!!" I was floored, no appology, No excuses just blatent rudeness. I made sure someone else was here with me when they came out so that there would not be any issues. They did not have an AT&T logo on their truck either so who was AT&T having do their work for them? Surely not a True AT&T employee but most likely an independent contractor hired by AT&T. 

6 of 7 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2014 10:04:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. They sente a rewards card for $100.00 and never told me I was supposed to use it to pay the bill. I thought it was a gift for all of the abuse I had to endure with their over billing and broken promises about how much my bill would be every month.

The same thing happened to me. They sente a rewards card for $100.00 and never told me I was supposed to use it to pay the bill. I thought it was a gift for all of the abuse I had to endure with their over billing and broken promises about how much my bill would be every month.

7 of 7 (430 Views)