workout equpment disconnects u-verse

Contributor

workout equpment disconnects u-verse

Has anyone else seen this issue, everytime I start my treadmil my U-verse TV/DSL disconnects?

U-verse supports says the only solution is to "try" and move it to a new room.

Is it the power line? Do I need to plug it into a different circuit breaker? or get a voltage regulator?

Some interference with the wireless connection?

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 6 (1,197 Views)
Master

Re: workout equpment disconnects u-verse

Message 2 of 6 (1,197 Views)
Employee

supercaliber64 wrote:

Has anyone else seen this issue, everytime I start my treadmil my U-verse TV/DSL disconnects?

U-verse supports says the only solution is to "try" and move it to a new room.

Is it the power line? Do I need to plug it into a different circuit breaker? or get a voltage regulator?

Some interference with the wireless connection?

Thanks for the help.

So far, virtually all cases were tied to noise infiltration through the power. If you put the RG on a premium quality power strip (80dB EMI/RFI or better) it should take care f it. I decent UPS would likely work as well ... anything to break the connection fromhouse ground (or fillter it well).

A decent filter on each device (treadmill & RG) would also likely work. 

The idea is to suppress the noise generated by the Pulse-width modulation (PWM) used to control the motor speed. Most of the time, it's the slower speeds that have the most effect (slower= narrower pulse to the motor, "spikey" noise tends to cause more problems).

Good Luck

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (1,197 Views)
Expert

For short term results you can try plugging the treadmill in a different room, that is on a different circuit.  Some have posted that this resolved the issue.
Message 4 of 6 (1,197 Views)
Expert

Put a Tripp-Lite Isobar on the treadmill.  Put another one on the U-Verse RG and/or DVR/STB for good measure.

Message 5 of 6 (1,197 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I can add that a wireless doorbell brought down my whole system - it used household wiring as a giant FM antenna which VDSL doesn't like!
Message 6 of 6 (1,197 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.