Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 10, 2009
7:28:28 PM
View profile
workout equpment disconnects u-verse

Has anyone else seen this issue, everytime I start my treadmil my U-verse TV/DSL disconnects?

U-verse supports says the only solution is to "try" and move it to a new room.

Is it the power line? Do I need to plug it into a different circuit breaker? or get a voltage regulator?

Some interference with the wireless connection?

Thanks for the help.

Has anyone else seen this issue, everytime I start my treadmil my U-verse TV/DSL disconnects?

Is it the power line? Do I need to plug it into a different circuit breaker? or get a voltage regulator?

Thanks for the help.

workout equpment disconnects u-verse

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 8:23:30 PM
(0)
Master

Re: workout equpment disconnects u-verse

2 of 6 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 10:29:19 PM
(0)
Employee

supercaliber64 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

So far, virtually all cases were tied to noise infiltration through the power. If you put the RG on a premium quality power strip (80dB EMI/RFI or better) it should take care f it. I decent UPS would likely work as well ... anything to break the connection fromhouse ground (or fillter it well).

A decent filter on each device (treadmill & RG) would also likely work. 

The idea is to suppress the noise generated by the Pulse-width modulation (PWM) used to control the motor speed. Most of the time, it's the slower speeds that have the most effect (slower= narrower pulse to the motor, "spikey" noise tends to cause more problems).

Good Luck

supercaliber64 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

So far, virtually all cases were tied to noise infiltration through the power. If you put the RG on a premium quality power strip (80dB EMI/RFI or better) it should take care f it. I decent UPS would likely work as well ... anything to break the connection fromhouse ground (or fillter it well).

A decent filter on each device (treadmill & RG) would also likely work. 

The idea is to suppress the noise generated by the Pulse-width modulation (PWM) used to control the motor speed. Most of the time, it's the slower speeds that have the most effect (slower= narrower pulse to the motor, "spikey" noise tends to cause more problems).

Good Luck

Sent from my phone.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2009 12:37:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
For short term results you can try plugging the treadmill in a different room, that is on a different circuit.  Some have posted that this resolved the issue.
For short term results you can try plugging the treadmill in a different room, that is on a different circuit.  Some have posted that this resolved the issue.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2009 2:21:23 PM
(0)
Expert

Put a Tripp-Lite Isobar on the treadmill.  Put another one on the U-Verse RG and/or DVR/STB for good measure.

Put a Tripp-Lite Isobar on the treadmill.  Put another one on the U-Verse RG and/or DVR/STB for good measure.

5 of 6 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2009 5:44:29 PM
(0)
Teacher
I can add that a wireless doorbell brought down my whole system - it used household wiring as a giant FM antenna which VDSL doesn't like!
I can add that a wireless doorbell brought down my whole system - it used household wiring as a giant FM antenna which VDSL doesn't like!

6 of 6 (1,178 Views)