Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 4, 2010
6:46:02 PM
View profile
weird dvr issue

It only happens on CBS and it has happened twice on two different shows on back to back nights. On live tv and on the recorded version, a sitcom will freeze for like a milisecond and pick back up in real time, this makes like a second of dialogue gone...

I find it weird I record and watch a lot and it has happened only on CBS, any ideas?

It only happens on CBS and it has happened twice on two different shows on back to back nights. On live tv and on the recorded version, a sitcom will freeze for like a milisecond and pick back up in real time, this makes like a second of dialogue gone...

I find it weird I record and watch a lot and it has happened only on CBS, any ideas?

weird dvr issue

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2010 9:43:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

Its a common occurrence here in Jacksonville Fl.

Most noticeable between 4-8 pm. Annoying, but I immediately know I'm watching CBS. LOL

Its a common occurrence here in Jacksonville Fl.

Most noticeable between 4-8 pm. Annoying, but I immediately know I'm watching CBS. LOL

Re: weird dvr issue

2 of 5 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2010 5:43:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Since two of you are observing the same thing on the same network's stations during the station's non-local programming block, apparently in different regions, it may be an issue with the network's distribution.  If you have access to OTA you might want to see if it happens there, too.  That would answer the question definintively.

Since two of you are observing the same thing on the same network's stations during the station's non-local programming block, apparently in different regions, it may be an issue with the network's distribution.  If you have access to OTA you might want to see if it happens there, too.  That would answer the question definintively.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2010 8:14:25 PM
(0)
Scholar

it did it again tonight but on all different channels, I was watching something on Nick and it did it, went to a recording I was taping and it was in the recording but went to other recordings at that time and nothing...

it did it again tonight but on all different channels, I was watching something on Nick and it did it, went to a recording I was taping and it was in the recording but went to other recordings at that time and nothing...

4 of 5 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 12:43:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have seen this happen watching live tv and recorded programs.  I think the cause of the issue can vary from signal dropouts to maintenance being done or apps/upgrades being downloaded into our services.

I have seen this happen watching live tv and recorded programs.  I think the cause of the issue can vary from signal dropouts to maintenance being done or apps/upgrades being downloaded into our services.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (553 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments