Ask a question

Posted May 11, 2011
11:54:03 AM
View profile
unable to login to my att.net account

When I want to sign in to my att.net account the following text appears.

"
Alert
AT&T Yahoo! services canceled

You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account "xxxx" because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been canceled. If you want to continue using your AT&T Yahoo! ID "xxxx", please call AT&T Customer Service to reactivate your AT&T Yahoo! service.

* To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! Dial, call 1-866-SBC-DIAL (1-866-722-3425).
    * To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! DSL, call 1-877-SBC-DSL5 (1-877-722-3755).
    * In case you forget your password, Yahoo! will help you. Take note of your Security Question, alternate email, date of birth and zip code. These fields will help you reset your password if you ever forget it.

If you do not want to reactivate your AT&T service, you can create a new free Yahoo! account and transfer your existing settings and personal information (for example, email messages, address book entries, and photos) to this new Yahoo! account.
Once the transfer is complete, your settings and personal information cannot be restored to your AT&T account "xxxx" if you decide to reactivate it later.

If you take no action to transfer your account within 60 days of the cancellation of your AT&T account, your existing settings and personal information (for example, email messages, address book entries, photos) will be permanently deleted. If you have purchased additional premium services (such as a Yahoo! Personals subscription), those services will also be canceled."

Why this error has accured and how to solve the problem? Someone help me plz!
Alert
AT&T Yahoo! services canceled

You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account "xxxx" because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been canceled. If you want to continue using your AT&T Yahoo! ID "xxxx", please call AT&T Customer Service to reactivate your AT&T Yahoo! service.

* To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! Dial, call 1-866-SBC-DIAL (1-866-722-3425).
    * To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! DSL, call 1-877-SBC-DSL5 (1-877-722-3755).
    * In case you forget your password, Yahoo! will help you. Take note of your Security Question, alternate email, date of birth and zip code. These fields will help you reset your password if you ever forget it.

If you do not want to reactivate your AT&T service, you can create a new free Yahoo! account and transfer your existing settings and personal information (for example, email messages, address book entries, and photos) to this new Yahoo! account.
Once the transfer is complete, your settings and personal information cannot be restored to your AT&T account "xxxx" if you decide to reactivate it later.

If you take no action to transfer your account within 60 days of the cancellation of your AT&T account, your existing settings and personal information (for example, email messages, address book entries, photos) will be permanently deleted. If you have purchased additional premium services (such as a Yahoo! Personals subscription), those services will also be canceled."

Why this error has accured and how to solve the problem? Someone help me to reactive my account plZ!

unable to login to my att.net account

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 12:01:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You are trying to access email?  Has your internet service been canceled?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: unable to login to my att.net account

2 of 6 (4,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 12:35:22 PM
(0)
Teacher

have you already tried to call the techsupport??

3 of 6 (4,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2011 5:01:00 PM
(0)
Expert

Do you have Uverse Internet, or regular DSL Internet?

Were you late on any payments?

4 of 6 (4,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2011 12:45:47 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Chris_ForumsMod on May 12, 2011 at 5:34:04 AM

"You are trying to access email?  Has your internet service been canceled?" :

Either Singing in my email or Siging in Using Yahoo! is impoosible and as you see in my asked question, it was mentioned that my account has been cancelled.

"have you already tried to call the techsupport??"

I am unable to call the number because I'm not from US so it might not be easy for me to call them. Is there any other way I can Contact them? (eg. Sendig them email. If so, plz give me the proper support email address so that i can ask my question by email)

"Do you have Uverse Internet, or regular DSL Internet?
Were you late on any payments?"

I don't know I've just registerd my account from a link that no payment was needed or none of the questions above were asked. But I think "Uverse Internet" it is.

As you know i'm from another country and not from us. I myself think my account has been cancelled because I'm not from us. Is this true? Or another problem may have accured?

Also My Email contains prohibited word [Keep it Courteous] may this have made my account be cancelled?

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (4,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2011 2:39:20 PM
(0)
Employee
The account was not canceled because you are not from the US. Try calling they should try to find someone that can translate for you. Or have some one call for you and translate for you.
If you still have an active account this is a mistake and you will have to call and have them correct the mistake.
If the active account was canceled in the past but they had never canceled your e-mail connection they are dropping it now and you will need to move your info to a Yahoo account. They moved all accounts to Yahoo but you may need to login to Yahoo to keep it current. If you just use the e-mail from your computer all you may need to do is LOGIN to Yahoo one time and set up the transfer. Then you can use the account like you always do.
If you are paying for an active connection find some way to call.
If you dropped/canceled the paid service but were still using the e-mail address you will have to move the account to a new Yahoo account. Either way you will have to use a Yahoo account.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (4,185 Views)