Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 30, 2010
10:43:48 PM
View profile
too many issues

Ever since my mother got Uverse, it has been technical issues after another. Live TV would freeze and it turns out we get too strong of a signal since we are literally feet away from the power unit. Although it seems the issues have stopped for a few weeks now, the one issue that last took place and just took place tonight is getting quite annoying. The tv will display a popup only on the main dvr unit that reads like “H1005 cannot display video” and then the whole tv becomes static. I have no idea how to fix this, and I have had techs run tests to find nothing wrong to just tell me to continue to just turn it off and come back later. There has to be a permanent way to fix this, what does it take to have a main dvr unit to not have issues every 2 weeks? This is getting insane…

Ever since my mother got Uverse, it has been technical issues after another. Live TV would freeze and it turns out we get too strong of a signal since we are literally feet away from the power unit. Although it seems the issues have stopped for a few weeks now, the one issue that last took place and just took place tonight is getting quite annoying. The tv will display a popup only on the main dvr unit that reads like “H1005 cannot display video” and then the whole tv becomes static. I have no idea how to fix this, and I have had techs run tests to find nothing wrong to just tell me to continue to just turn it off and come back later. There has to be a permanent way to fix this, what does it take to have a main dvr unit to not have issues every 2 weeks? This is getting insane…

too many issues

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2010 5:29:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

NBAfanatic wrote:

Huh?  That statement makes absolutely no sense.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

NBAfanatic wrote:

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: too many issues

2 of 12 (1,429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2010 7:34:27 AM
(0)
Guru

I think that might be an HDMI issue.  Perhaps there is a compatibility problem between the TV and the DVR?

Check the cable or try component and see it that might help.

I think that might be an HDMI issue.  Perhaps there is a compatibility problem between the TV and the DVR?

Check the cable or try component and see it that might help.

3 of 12 (1,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2010 8:36:06 AM
(0)
Employee

The signal too strong makes a lot of sense because they are so close. When they introduced the adsl2 they had to add wire reels in the xbox to add length because the signal was so hot to houses very close to the vrad.

The signal too strong makes a lot of sense because they are so close. When they introduced the adsl2 they had to add wire reels in the xbox to add length because the signal was so hot to houses very close to the vrad.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 12 (1,391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2010 8:43:57 AM
(0)
Expert

I see two potential problems here.

First is that if you are indeed very close to the VRAD, you could possibly need an attenuator installed in the NID that would reduce the signal strength.

Please download U-Verse Realtime, install it, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.  To post pictures on this forum, you will need to upload the saved screenshots to a photo sharing site (Photobucket, Picasa, Google, Imageshack, etc.) and then use the image insert button when you post to paste in the URL to the picture.

The IP/Profile tab will be able to tell us if you need the attenuator.

Second, the H1005 error is an HDMI error.  Some TVs have difficulty with the HDMI on the U-Verse receiver.  Changing the TV's connection to use component cables (red/blue/green, labeled Y-Pb-Pr) should fix that problem.

I see two potential problems here.

First is that if you are indeed very close to the VRAD, you could possibly need an attenuator installed in the NID that would reduce the signal strength.

Please download U-Verse Realtime, install it, and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.  To post pictures on this forum, you will need to upload the saved screenshots to a photo sharing site (Photobucket, Picasa, Google, Imageshack, etc.) and then use the image insert button when you post to paste in the URL to the picture.

The IP/Profile tab will be able to tell us if you need the attenuator.

Second, the H1005 error is an HDMI error.  Some TVs have difficulty with the HDMI on the U-Verse receiver.  Changing the TV's connection to use component cables (red/blue/green, labeled Y-Pb-Pr) should fix that problem.

5 of 12 (1,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 12:13:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

Its not HDMI as I replaced it with component cables about a month back, it fixed the picture a lot but not all the way. i will do those steps to post that information sometime Monday. That issue with the H1005 happened when I had HDMI and component cables...

Its not HDMI as I replaced it with component cables about a month back, it fixed the picture a lot but not all the way. i will do those steps to post that information sometime Monday. That issue with the H1005 happened when I had HDMI and component cables...

6 of 12 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 8:49:17 PM
(0)
Expert

I took a look at your stats.

It looks like the attenuator is already installed in the NID, so there's no issue there.

However, there is one coax line that looks like it is having some problems.  It's the one with the gold "96" in the PHY (Mbps) column.

You need to have tech support come out and check that coax line, they may need to replace any splitters, diplexers, wall plates, or end compression connectors to ensure that the rate comes up to 112 like the others.

This may fix the freezing issue.

I took a look at your stats.

It looks like the attenuator is already installed in the NID, so there's no issue there.

However, there is one coax line that looks like it is having some problems.  It's the one with the gold "96" in the PHY (Mbps) column.

You need to have tech support come out and check that coax line, they may need to replace any splitters, diplexers, wall plates, or end compression connectors to ensure that the rate comes up to 112 like the others.

This may fix the freezing issue.

8 of 12 (1,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 9:53:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

ok sorry, can you explain to me in simpler terms what is the problem and how I can fix it lol?

ok sorry, can you explain to me in simpler terms what is the problem and how I can fix it lol?

9 of 12 (1,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2010 6:51:44 AM
(0)
Expert

Call technical support, tell them you are experiencing picture freezing and pixelation on one of your TVs.  Have them send a premises tech to your house.

When he gets there, show him the Coax/HPNA page from U-Verse Realtime.  Tell him that one of the coax runs looks like it's bad.  (Your set top boxes are connected to the 2Wire gateway using coax cable.  One of these coax cables needs to be looked at).

He should be able to find the bad coax cable and fix it.  To fix it, he will probably have to replace wall plates, splitters, and/or the end connectors on the ends of the coax cable.

Call technical support, tell them you are experiencing picture freezing and pixelation on one of your TVs.  Have them send a premises tech to your house.

When he gets there, show him the Coax/HPNA page from U-Verse Realtime.  Tell him that one of the coax runs looks like it's bad.  (Your set top boxes are connected to the 2Wire gateway using coax cable.  One of these coax cables needs to be looked at).

He should be able to find the bad coax cable and fix it.  To fix it, he will probably have to replace wall plates, splitters, and/or the end connectors on the ends of the coax cable.

10 of 12 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2010 9:33:16 PM
(0)
Scholar

they are calling me back on Monday, good too because that H1005 issue just happened.

they are calling me back on Monday, good too because that H1005 issue just happened.

11 of 12 (362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2010 2:19:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Nov 8, 2010 at 2:20:35 PM

oufanindallas wrote:

NBAfanatic wrote:

That does sound funny but literally true and it also applies if you are too close to an over the air (OTA) radio or TV station.  If you are less than a mile from a Digital TV station you will not get a signal because it is overloading the TV's receiver (ATSC OTA tuner).  It is reccomended that  you should insert a unfolded paper clip into the center of the TV's antenna connector and that little piece of wire should work great, as an antenna.  Odd but similar to being too close to a UV VRAD.

oufanindallas wrote:

NBAfanatic wrote:

That does sound funny but literally true and it also applies if you are too close to an over the air (OTA) radio or TV station.  If you are less than a mile from a Digital TV station you will not get a signal because it is overloading the TV's receiver (ATSC OTA tuner).  It is reccomended that  you should insert a unfolded paper clip into the center of the TV's antenna connector and that little piece of wire should work great, as an antenna.  Odd but similar to being too close to a UV VRAD.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
12 of 12 (310 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments