too many episodes recording

Tutor

too many episodes recording

New uverse user (former comcast).  Working great so far.  We have shows set to record for the kids.  I want to keep only one episode of each series, but the DVR is recording more (4 episodes of each show at the moment).  I don't want to waste space on these shows.  On comcast I could set how many episodes of each series recording, but I don't see an option with uverse.  Am I missing it?  How many episodes will it keep?
Message 1 of 11 (594 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: too many episodes recording

As you state there is no option for number of episodes, it's all manual.  You could change the

record option to 'once/day' and should eliminate the other 3. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (594 Views)
Tutor

One of the shows in question is set to "any day, any time, once per day"... and there are still 4 episodes recorded.
Message 3 of 11 (594 Views)
ACE - Expert

Were those 4 recorded on the same day?  :smileysurprised:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11 (594 Views)
Tutor

No, the 4 were recorded one per day.  We've got 7 Mickey's, 7 OSO's, 7 HandyManny's, now....  What will we have after a few weeks????  I'd like to just have the newest one of each show so any given day, they can watch a new show.  They don't watch all of these by any means.

Message 5 of 11 (594 Views)

kwerner .. how is the series recording set up? Do you have it "any day, any time"  "first run and reruns" ?  If you wouldn't mind posting how each show is set up, your peers might be able to help. Also, what channel / network and time slot (also what city)...  AT&T employees "crusie" these blogs and I have seen several series recording issues "mysteriously" solve.  It can't hurt.

Message 6 of 11 (594 Views)
Mentor

I agree with Achmed.   Try changing the recording setting to "First run only" instead of "First run and rerun".....this should solve it since I don't think they show more than one first run show per day. 
Message 7 of 11 (594 Views)
ACE - Expert

Don't you guys see it's 1 each day for 4 days.  If he changes to first run only, won't get many as most

are reruns anyways.  Best idea is to go to web remote and click and delete the excess ones easily. :smileywink:

Chris

Message 8 of 11 (594 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the feedback, here is what I have set up...

1) Handy Manny (Disney ch302)

Any day, any time, once per day - First run & rerun

8 recorded currently

2) Special Agent OSO (Disney ch302)

8 recorded currently

3) Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Disney ch302)

8 recorded currently

4) etc.... (there are a couple more on local PBS)

I guess I just got used to how Comcast worked... it fit the bill for what I wanted to do.  I wanted a variety of shows, but just the latest one of each stored on the disk.  Doing first run only wouldn't work well because most of these shows are reruns every day (we wouldn't get any recordings for a month or two, then a few new ones, then none again for a while). 

I'll guess I'll just let the DVR fill up....  it's kind of a pain to delete a bunch of old episodes though I just found.  Each has to be deleted individually. :-(

Message 9 of 11 (594 Views)
ACE - Expert

If you go to the web remote you can click a number of episodes at one time and delete them as long

as you have Uverse internet. :smileywink:

http://u-versetv.sbc.yahoo.com/tv.html#%240%24    may have to sign in.

Chris

Message 10 of 11 (594 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I think the best overall dvr was the Dish Network one. Although you couldn't record as many shows at once, it still has better features than Uverse and even better than Tivo. You wouldn't have that problem with Dish.
Message 11 of 11 (222 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.