remote control code for Hannspree ST281MKB

Highlighted
Tutor

remote control code for Hannspree ST281MKB

Has anyone found an adequate Uverse remote control code for the Hannspree ST281MKB 28" 1080p TV?  Thx.
Message 1 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Contributor

Re: remote control code for Hannspree ST281MKB

Hello.  I just bought the 25" ST251MKB from Costco.  Had no luck with uverse customer service for a code, so called Hanspree directly.  They said they don't really have a manufacturer code for their remote, but said to try either "1004" or one of the Vizeo codes.  Lo and behold, the "1004" worked!  Perhaps it will work for your 28".  BTW -- how are you dealing with/liking the 16:10 aspect ratio of that set?  Is it something that you even notice?  Good luck with the code...

Kathy

Message 2 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Contributor

'1004' works to turn off my Hannspree and control the volume, but it won't turn the tv back on! Any ideas?
Message 3 of 12 (5,660 Views)

I have the same problem.  Hannspree tv turns off with att remote, but not turn on.  Tried all the codes, but to no avail.  Any other ideas?  Thanks

Message 4 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Teacher

Interesting.....I'm having this exact problem.......but with a Sylvania TV (remote code turns off the TV, but not on).   Or at least I thought: If I put the AT&T Uverse remote really close to the TV, it will turn it on.    "Off" works at any distance.    Does anyone seen this behavior with the AT&T remote?   The regular TV remote works at any distance (off or on).

Message 5 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Contributor

Re: remote control code for Hannspree ST289

Interesting to see this problem has been around awhile.  My new Hannspree Model ST289 is having exact same problem.   ATT Uverse technical support appeared unaware of this problem.  I suggested they update their dbase to say it is a known problem with the manufacturer.  ATT Uverse is still investigating this as of April 5, 2010.

Message 6 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Tutor

Re: remote control code for Hannspree ST289MUB

Had a 25" Hanspree a few years ago and although Vizio code 1004 worked for that TV, I don't seem to recall having issues with regard to the power. Actually, Vizio code 1343 works better for the Hanspree 28", although it is totally unacceptable and a huge inconvenience to have to use more than one remote for a simple operation as powering up.  Huge props to the coder who can fix this.  Geeks at AT&T and Hanspree are you listening???

Message 7 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Guru

I decided to install a TV in our guest room and bought the Hannspree ST289MUB from Costco and called AT&T to install a STB in the room. The technician completed the installation in about a half hour and programmed the U-verse remote to operate the TV. It works fine, so I can say that the code exists. He left a contact sheet so I'll call him and ask what code he used.

Message 8 of 12 (5,660 Views)
Guru

The tech called me back and said that the codes he uses for Hannspree are 1482 and 1483. Please give those a try and post back.

Message 9 of 12 (5,657 Views)
Contributor

Both 1482 and 1483 did not work on my Hannspree ST289 TV but 1004 worked.

Same problem here.  I can't turn on TV with the ATT Uverse remote.

Message 10 of 12 (5,506 Views)
Guru

Is yours the black or silver remote? (Not sure if it makes a difference, but it might. Mine is black.) Also, you are using the correct programming procedure for master power on/off, correct? 

Message 11 of 12 (3,434 Views)
GEH
Contributor

After over 2 hrs. with Hannspree and AT&T on the phone yesterday, trying a number of codes that were supposed to work.  An AT&T tech did an onsite check of the situation this a.m.  Great guy.

The issue is that you need to have the NEWER BLACK AT&T REMOTE, not the silver one.  This newer remote is accompanied by a codes sheet that officially gives 1482 as the code for Hannspree.

AT&T remote now does it all -- turns on, off, and all AT&T related things work as should - at least for the ST289MUB

Message 12 of 12 (2,957 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.