Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 30, 2010
7:06:29 AM
View profile
red flashing light on gateway..broadband flashing red..completely out of service any ideas?

red flashing light on gateway..broadband flashing red..completely out of service any ideas?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 7:20:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There's a 'reset' button on the back of the gateway.  Press it.

There's a 'reset' button on the back of the gateway.  Press it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: red flashing light on gateway..broadband flashing red..completely out of service any ideas?

2 of 6 (19,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 8:02:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Sounds like your RG is not syncing.  Call Technical Support.

Sounds like your RG is not syncing.  Call Technical Support.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: red flashing light on gateway..broadband flashing red..completely out of service any ideas?

3 of 6 (19,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 9:44:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

thanks ill check out both

thanks ill check out both

4 of 6 (19,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 10:18:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I had that exact same problem sometime after I was upgraded to the 32/5 profile which allows the possibility of 3hd and 1sd streams.  I had 4 visits by 3 prem techs and one IR tech.  Ulitimately I was downgraded to the 25/2 profile which is 2hd and 2sd streams.  Since then everything is back to great service.  Ask the csr which profile you are on.  800.983-2811

I had that exact same problem sometime after I was upgraded to the 32/5 profile which allows the possibility of 3hd and 1sd streams.  I had 4 visits by 3 prem techs and one IR tech.  Ulitimately I was downgraded to the 25/2 profile which is 2hd and 2sd streams.  Since then everything is back to great service.  Ask the csr which profile you are on.  800.983-2811

5 of 6 (19,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2010 11:53:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Same issue as the OP, two weeks ago.  We had AT&T (all services) linesmen in the area.  They were replacing the lines.  They had our "twisted apir" "twisted" :smileytongue: with another subscriber.  Apparently the signal got weaker and weaker until it dropped.  Once the pair issue was corrected, service came back.

Same issue as the OP, two weeks ago.  We had AT&T (all services) linesmen in the area.  They were replacing the lines.  They had our "twisted apir" "twisted" :smileytongue: with another subscriber.  Apparently the signal got weaker and weaker until it dropped.  Once the pair issue was corrected, service came back.

6 of 6 (19,394 Views)