Explore & discover

Helpful Links

"We're sorry. The speed you selected is not currently available in your area"

Teacher

"We're sorry. The speed you selected is not currently available in your area"

I hate this message!

Message 1 of 9
Guru

Re: "We're sorry. The speed you selected is not currently available in your area"

Unless you see the 32/5 profile then you'll never get the 24mps speed - if that's what you are talking about.

Unless AT&T changes their mind about using Pair Bonding for extra speed as opposed to their current statement that it will only be used to extend the reach for potential new customers.... those of us too far from the VRAD are just SOL.

Message 2 of 9
Teacher

Re: "We're sorry. The speed you selected is not currently available in your area"

Except that I am at 1100 ft and STILL can't get it... I hate AT&T.

I don't think I need to beg to get service from them!

Message 3 of 9

I have a FTTP connection and have the 32/5 profile but I still can't get the 24Mb connection. My RG has a snyc rate of 68Mb.

Message 4 of 9
Expert

Gpunisher999 wrote:

I have a FTTP connection and have the 32/5 profile but I still can't get the 24Mb connection. My RG has a snyc rate of 68Mb.

Are you sure that you are not FTTN? 

If you are FTTP, you sync at a max down rate of 30,000 kbps and a max up rate of 3,600 kbps.  Also, all FTTP customers are on the 25/2 profile.  Unlike FTTN customers, FTTP customers cannot see their sync rate in the RG. 

Also, since the VDSL2 upgrade, no FTTN customer syncs at a max down rate of more than 64,000 kbps.

Message 5 of 9

This program allows FTTP customers to see there sync rates

http://utalk.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/2WireRealtime-exe/td-p/209722

Message 6 of 9
Expert

Gpunisher999 wrote:

http://utalk.att.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-Access/2WireRealtime-exe/td-p/209722

That seems odd.  The following comment was posted by a U-verse tech over on the dslreports.com forum concerning the RG and FTTP customers: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22688848-325~start=100

I missed the FTTP. There is no "sync" on FTTP, because your service is NOT provided over VDSL. It is provided over PON (Passive Optical Network).

If you really want to know, the last time I did a FTTP install (been almost a year now), the RG was connecting to the U-Verse Network @ 30 Mbps down/3.6 Mbps up. Do not know if that has changed now that some FTTN/VDSL customers are now syncing @ 32 Mbps down/5 Mbps up.

The RG will not display your Max Rate in FTTP. You have more bandwidth theoretically available than I can quantify. Not sure what the maximums over a PON FTTP network are...

While FTTNers & FTTPers use the same RG w/ the same Firmware, the RG really is a different animal FTTN vs FTTP.

For FTTNers, it is a VDSL Modem. Service is fed to the "Green" Phone Line RJ-11 jack or the Coax port, via VDSL. That link is fed from the VRAD by way of the NID.

For FTTPers, it is basically a Router for U-Verse. Service is fed to the "Red" Broadband RJ-45 Jack. That link is fed from the CO by way of the ONT. The "broadband" link from the ONT to the RG is typical 100 Mbps Ethernet.

So you do not see any Max Rate statistics, because your RG is basically a broadband Router, designed for U-Verse

Message 7 of 9

I can also see my stats from this address.

Message 8 of 9
Expert

Gpunisher999 wrote:

On your RG, is your service feed  into the Green "Phone Line" port or the Red "Broadband" port?

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support