Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jan 22, 2010
11:37:42 AM
View profile
northwest houston connection problems? anyone else?

Anyone else in northwest houston experience multiple dsl re-trains / loss of connectivity?

It started about a week ago, was fine for most of the week and now today has gotten ridiculous. Regularly for the last 2 hours or so, it seems to have stabalized now. 

Anyone know of any service going on in the area? 

-Ben

Anyone else in northwest houston experience multiple dsl re-trains / loss of connectivity?

It started about a week ago, was fine for most of the week and now today has gotten ridiculous. Regularly for the last 2 hours or so, it seems to have stabalized now. 

Anyone know of any service going on in the area? 

-Ben

northwest houston connection problems? anyone else?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2010 1:27:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Go to this site and copy and paste your stats to a post.  Also, do you have a coax installation?  The problem could be a bad splitter in your installation.  If you it is coax, check and see if there is a red or blue splitter being used.  If it is blue then you are good, if it is red or orange, then you need to request a tech be sent out to replace it.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=B04&THISPAGE=B01&NEXTPAGE=B04

Message Edited by RCSMG on 01-22-2010 01:29 PM

Go to this site and copy and paste your stats to a post.  Also, do you have a coax installation?  The problem could be a bad splitter in your installation.  If you it is coax, check and see if there is a red or blue splitter being used.  If it is blue then you are good, if it is red or orange, then you need to request a tech be sent out to replace it.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=B04&THISPAGE=B01&NEXTPAGE=B04

Message Edited by RCSMG on 01-22-2010 01:29 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: northwest houston connection problems? anyone else?

2 of 6 (1,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2010 1:47:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

We were just on the phone with a tech, and they reset it which has cleared the statistics.

I'd looked at the page before the reset and saw lots of DSL Link Retrains and some fewer number of DSL Loss of Signal errors. What's strange is that is has been fine for months. 

It is a coax installation, and I don't see any splitter. The coax runs right into a wall jack.

-Ben

Thanks for the reply.

We were just on the phone with a tech, and they reset it which has cleared the statistics.

I'd looked at the page before the reset and saw lots of DSL Link Retrains and some fewer number of DSL Loss of Signal errors. What's strange is that is has been fine for months. 

It is a coax installation, and I don't see any splitter. The coax runs right into a wall jack.

-Ben

3 of 6 (1,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2010 4:21:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Last month I was watching a recorded program on one of my televisions and it suddenly began freezing and stopping.  I checked my other tvs and they were all doing the same thing.  I called ts and they sent a tech out and he discovered the bad splitter.  I checked all of my tvs and they were exhibiting the same problem.  After he replaced the splitter the problem was gone.
Last month I was watching a recorded program on one of my televisions and it suddenly began freezing and stopping.  I checked my other tvs and they were all doing the same thing.  I called ts and they sent a tech out and he discovered the bad splitter.  I checked all of my tvs and they were exhibiting the same problem.  After he replaced the splitter the problem was gone.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 5:17:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have been experiecing  bad connection in South west Houston TX, since June, couple of times I informed ATT guys they just  say sorry for inconvence once checked the phone line,   still every hours they DSL light beeping ,disconnects internet, now they say it is technical problem in Houston TX and they gona fix it but haven't yet, hope they act as quickly as they supposed to do for custumers, Am I right? people

I have been experiecing  bad connection in South west Houston TX, since June, couple of times I informed ATT guys they just  say sorry for inconvence once checked the phone line,   still every hours they DSL light beeping ,disconnects internet, now they say it is technical problem in Houston TX and they gona fix it but haven't yet, hope they act as quickly as they supposed to do for custumers, Am I right? people

5 of 6 (1,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 5:24:20 PM
(0)
Expert

Not having any problems in West Houston.

Try tightening ALL coax connections in front of the wallplate(s), back of all UV boxes, and ESPECIALLY at the back of the UV RG (router).

You won't SEE the splitter unless you have a TV sharing a box.  It is most likely in your attic. 

There is a new splitter ATT is using now and if you just got installed, they should have used it.

Any unused splitter connections should be capped off.

If tightening all coax connections doesn't work; could be connections on the BACKside of wallplates are loose.

OR they did not change out the connectors on every piece of coax you have. 

Not having any problems in West Houston.

Try tightening ALL coax connections in front of the wallplate(s), back of all UV boxes, and ESPECIALLY at the back of the UV RG (router).

You won't SEE the splitter unless you have a TV sharing a box.  It is most likely in your attic. 

There is a new splitter ATT is using now and if you just got installed, they should have used it.

Any unused splitter connections should be capped off.

If tightening all coax connections doesn't work; could be connections on the BACKside of wallplates are loose.

OR they did not change out the connectors on every piece of coax you have. 

6 of 6 (1,462 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments