Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 1, 2010
7:39:06 AM
View profile
mcafee security program
I am having problems with the new mcafee download sent on 2/15/10. I clicked on the box which stated "required". Since that time the computer has not been covered. On 2/28 I call, got an ATT support tech who downloaded the new program I think 3 times, she took out the old Mcafee, but the system still would not scan and correct all the problems. She finally sent me to a tech for Mcafee, they told me they were backed up with calls and it would be a long wait--my total time spent on my land line was 2 1/2 hours. While on the land line I called (on my cell phone) the ATT tech support back to see if I hung up if anyone had a record of my call and if they would call me back. I was told NO, but the person did give me a case# 211247216 and a trouble ticket # 418105212 and told me I could call back--when I called back the line was busy. I have call again 3 times today 3/1 and gotten busy signals and finally a recording telling me to call back because of high volumn calls. The above email does not read service to me---my computer is still not fixed.
I am having problems with the new mcafee download sent on 2/15/10. I clicked on the box which stated "required". Since that time the computer has not been covered. On 2/28 I call, got an ATT support tech who downloaded the new program I think 3 times, she took out the old Mcafee, but the system still would not scan and correct all the problems. She finally sent me to a tech for Mcafee, they told me they were backed up with calls and it would be a long wait--my total time spent on my land line was 2 1/2 hours. While on the land line I called (on my cell phone) the ATT tech support back to see if I hung up if anyone had a record of my call and if they would call me back. I was told NO, but the person did give me a case# 211247216 and a trouble ticket # 418105212 and told me I could call back--when I called back the line was busy. I have call again 3 times today 3/1 and gotten busy signals and finally a recording telling me to call back because of high volumn calls. The above email does not read service to me---my computer is still not fixed.

mcafee security program

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 10:01:31 AM
(0)
Guru

what is the error you're getting? Not Protected?

what is the error you're getting? Not Protected?

Re: mcafee security program

2 of 4 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 1:51:27 PM
(0)
Employee
Hello jquate,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue.

In order to reinstall AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee (AT&T ISS powered by McAfee), firstly uninstall it through the link mentioned below:

Once uninstall AT&T ISS powered by McAfee, run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT), it collects system information from your computer in order to diagnose/fix problem.
MVT takes about two minutes to check AT&T ISS. After initial check, it will diagnose and fix any problems found.

You may run the MVT through the link mentioned below:
Select Run when prompted for Do you want to run or save this file.

Once MVT has completed fixing issues, results will indicate if all issues are fixed, you may use the link mentioned below to check the steps to install AT&T Internet Security suite powered by McAfee:

If you experience any difficulty, while trying to reinstall AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee it is recommended that you contact our Tier 2 Support, please call us at 1-877-722-3755, when you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello jquate,

I am sorry that you had to go through this unpleasant experience and I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing with this issue.

In order to reinstall AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee (AT&T ISS powered by McAfee), firstly uninstall it through the link mentioned below:

Once uninstall AT&T ISS powered by McAfee, run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT), it collects system information from your computer in order to diagnose/fix problem.
MVT takes about two minutes to check AT&T ISS. After initial check, it will diagnose and fix any problems found.

You may run the MVT through the link mentioned below:
Select Run when prompted for Do you want to run or save this file.

Once MVT has completed fixing issues, results will indicate if all issues are fixed, you may use the link mentioned below to check the steps to install AT&T Internet Security suite powered by McAfee:

If you experience any difficulty, while trying to reinstall AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee it is recommended that you contact our Tier 2 Support, please call us at 1-877-722-3755, when you call in to speak to an agent, ask to be transferred to our second level of support.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (351 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2010 2:14:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

McAfee Tier 2 or AT&T Tier 2?

McAfee Tier 2 or AT&T Tier 2?