maCafee

Contributor

maCafee

I had MaCafee from you but it has not come up lately can you check this.?

Message 1 of 6 (1,239 Views)
Teacher

Re: maCafee

This is a users forum where we share experiences and a little bit of knowledge in order to help each other out. I don't think ATT representatives work here. However, feel free to post your problem/issue here and someone may have the answer for you. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,239 Views)

Ditch McAfee and go with Microsoft Security Essentials, a free and very very good A/V program that is continuing to improve.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 6 (1,239 Views)
Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Ditch McAfee and go with Microsoft Security Essentials, a free and very very good A/V program that is continuing to improve.

Agreed, dump McAfee and don't bother with Norton either, both are bloated resource hogs. There are many good free A/V programs out there, including MSE.  There are also several good paid version A/V programs that offer a free 30 day trial.

Message 4 of 6 (1,239 Views)
Contributor

does ATT not provide a free license to some internet security product?  I thought they did.

Message 5 of 6 (1,239 Views)

They do,  here's the link: McAfee Download: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB402441 , it's McAfee which many folks do not like.  As a tech support agent for a major software company I personally would not recommend McAfee if there was any other option available.  After using Microsoft Security Essentials for the past year now with Windows 7 that's all I recommend to anyone. It's free and does a really good job and is non-intrusive like McAfee. MSE

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 6 of 6 (1,239 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.