just can't get my dvr to record....newby here.

Tutor

just can't get my dvr to record....newby here.

I am so new to all of this.  I only had basic cable, and I do love the idea that I can record, but just do not understand why I can't get it to record anything.  I press record and it has a message that says "recordings can only be scheduled on the DVR receiver.  Don't understand this at all.  I thought all you had to do was press "record" to get it to record.  I read all of the directions and applied them, but it still did not work. It still said the message.  Please help me to figure this out.
Message 1 of 6 (751 Views)
Expert

Re: just can't get my dvr to record....newby here.

Gin616 wrote:
I am so new to all of this.  I only had basic cable, and I do love the idea that I can record, but just do not understand why I can't get it to record anything.  I press record and it has a message that says "recordings can only be scheduled on the DVR receiver.  Don't understand this at all.  I thought all you had to do was press "record" to get it to record.  I read all of the directions and applied them, but it still did not work. It still said the message.  Please help me to figure this out.

You have to set recordings on your dvr stb.  The one you are trying to set recordings on is not the dvr stb but it is a non dvr stb.  Do you know what tv your dvr is connected to?

Message 2 of 6 (751 Views)
Expert

If you don't know here is a way to find out which stb is the dvr.  Go to each tv that has an stb connected to it.  Turn on the tv and the stb and press the record button.  The one that says Recording is the dvr.  That is the only one you can setup recordings on, the others are only able to watch recorded programs that have been recorded on the dvr.
Message 3 of 6 (751 Views)
Tutor

I have 2 Tv's with 2 stb's.  None of my Tv's are recording. 
Message 4 of 6 (751 Views)
Scholar

Check the model numbers on the front of each.  Motorola DVRs are the 1225 or 1216, Cisco DVR is the 4320.

BTW if you have the U100 package you don't have a DVR unless you paid $15 extra for the DVR which is pointless you might as well upgrade to U200 for $15 and get the DVR included.

Message Edited by donatom3 on 05-05-2009 02:12 PM
Message 5 of 6 (751 Views)
Tutor

OK.  Got the U100 Package.  Thanks for letting me know.
Message 6 of 6 (751 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.