Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 22, 2011
10:46:38 AM
View profile
jumping to sonic.net, is an AT&T tech required?

I'm leaving Uverse (voice and internet) for sonic.net's fusion service (voice POTS & ADSL2+).  Provisioning was completed last Friday.  When we had uverse installed the AT&T tech used twisted pair from the NID to the RG (cable coming out of our phone jack to the RG).  Is a visit by AT&T required to 'undo' the uverse work done at our phone box/NID? When I called sonic.net they said no, but I'm not so sure based on some comments in this sonic.net blog entry (comments within the past week):

http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2010/12/07/fusion-broadband-phone-price-drops-again/

I'm leaving Uverse (voice and internet) for sonic.net's fusion service (voice POTS & ADSL2+).  Provisioning was completed last Friday.  When we had uverse installed the AT&T tech used twisted pair from the NID to the RG (cable coming out of our phone jack to the RG).  Is a visit by AT&T required to 'undo' the uverse work done at our phone box/NID? When I called sonic.net they said no, but I'm not so sure based on some comments in this sonic.net blog entry (comments within the past week):

http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2010/12/07/fusion-broadband-phone-price-drops-again/

jumping to sonic.net, is an AT&T tech required?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 10:51:53 AM
(0)
Mentor

Update for any bay area people looking to switch over to sonic.net: The sonic tech took only 10 min. and everything is up and running, wohoo!!!! $40/month for up to 20Mbps/1Mbps, unlimited nationwide voice, and awesome customer service. Smiley Happy

Update for any bay area people looking to switch over to sonic.net: The sonic tech took only 10 min. and everything is up and running, wohoo!!!! $40/month for up to 20Mbps/1Mbps, unlimited nationwide voice, and awesome customer service. Smiley Happy

Re: jumping to sonic.net, is an AT&T tech required?

2 of 2 (943 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments