iPad wifi issue

Scholar

iPad wifi issue

After updating to this new ios for security patch I now have trouble with the rg's wireless. Before the update it was fast but now after a few minutes the browsing slows down and then eventually times out. I get a message "Request Timeout- the server timed out while waiting for browser's request. Reference #2.f7f613f.1281714488.0". I thought that maybe it was the website I was visiting but it happens to more than one website. Basically get the same message with diff ref number. Any apple heads out there having same issue? If so what is the fix or is there any?
Message 1 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Master

Re: iPad wifi issue

I am using the iPad to respond to this now with the latest firmware and have not noticed anything different so far.Ok I stand

corrected trying to edit my message was a pain on two words I did not space correctly.

Message 2 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Expert

Don't know if you've noticed, but Mac stuff on here gets broken apart?  (look at your last post) 

Have seen that on other forums with people using Macs/Macware.  Wonder what gives?

Have trouble with my baby iPad (Pod) where the keyboard won't come up in RichText, have to switch to HTML, then back to RichText again to post.  :smileysad:

Message 3 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Contributor

I would be interested to hear if anyone else is having the iPad connection issues with Uverse.  Performed side by side test with my new iPad and iPhone 4 and iPad continues to timeout while iPhone responds quickly with pageloads.  Brought the iPad to work and have had no issues at all.  Connection with Uverse router so bad at home it's unusable while iPhone 4, iPod touch, MBP and other wireless devices connect just fine... if I can't improve connection, I'm going to have to return it.

Message 4 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Scholar

Try setting the RG to WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK.

Message 5 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Contributor

I can confirm the same issue. I have been using my iPad for a week with no problems. However my RG went bad and a technician installed a new router and firmware and now the iPad's connection basically stops working after a few minutes. Turning the iPad's WiFi off and then on starts it up again, but it just stops working again after a few minutes.
Message 6 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Expert

That's probably it, new RG, all your settings were erased for WiFi.

You can go to this page, and set them up again; make sure the RGs settings agree with what iPad's wireless settings are.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1

Look at Authentication Type, make that agree with iPad.

Also, are you seeing your Network's name on the iPad when you DO connect?  Is it yours, or someone else's.

New RG could be set at a different Channel than you had before.  Do you recall what it was?

You can change the Channel on that same page (link above).

Password to access the above URL is on a sticker, bottom side/edge of Uverse RG.

Message 7 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Scholar

Make sure you use the system password though. The wireless network key is for initial internet connection.

Message 8 of 15 (6,670 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same issues with my iPad and my iPhone 4.  Browsing the internet will either work or it slow down and then give me a "Cannon Open Page" error.  The iPad and iPhone had previously worked great on the 2wire wifi but it is awful.  My gateway has been replace several times and complete reset just as many.  The strangest thing is that my windows laptop never has an issue with the wifi, but every apple device seems to work intermittently.  Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance,

Dwight.

Message 9 of 15 (6,622 Views)
Scholar

Is there a specific way in the ipads settings to make it work ? Like should it be DHCP,BootP, Static? And Http Proxy- Off, manual, auto?

Message 10 of 15 (6,553 Views)
Scholar

Ok I need help. Ipad had been working fine for a long time now. All of a sudden it's having problems. The problem is the wireless will only stay connected for maybe a minute then it stops. I have the wifi status bar that says it is seeing the signal but after a while it just sits there loading then it comes back cannot open page. It's not a specific page it is anything. The only way I can make it work again is by going into the settings on the ipad and hitting renew lease. But that only makes it work for another minute and back to no connection. Is there something in the ipad I need to change because it's been this way forever without a problem? Or is there something in the RG that is making it loose its connection? Pls help . Frustrating is setting in.

Message 11 of 15 (4,485 Views)
Expert

Is this the only Wi-Fi device in your home?  If not, only the iPad is having problems?

Try inSSIDer download, look for another Wireless channel to use.

Have you set up MAC filtering in the RG for the iPad?

Message 12 of 15 (4,435 Views)
Contributor

Got IPAD with wifi and 3 Gas a gift.  Even sitting in front of desktop cannot get wifi t come on.

Everytime I set it on connected, it goes off.   

Message 13 of 15 (3,951 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Try changing the DNS on the iPad to the Google servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and see if that makes any difference.

Message 14 of 15 (3,948 Views)
Guru

Not trying to be silly here, but -- have you gone thru settings on your iPad and told it what network to connect to?  Including entering password for your RG assuming you have security set up?

Message 15 of 15 (3,944 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support