freeze problems constantly

Mentor

freeze problems constantly

Hi all,

I hope this is the right spot for this. I have had problems for the last few months with my Uverse freezing and pixelating distortion of whatever we're watching. HD is bad about it,but the regular channels are bad now to. I am constantly having to reset the boxes on all 3 tv's, or unplugging the modem. I've had them out here numerous times. Today I can't even get it to stay fixed. I have called so much they gave me my techs phone # and told me to call him for the next 30 days and not call in. Well,the guy's been here a few times,changes the lines,leaves,and in about an hour or so it does it again and as time goes by,it gets worse as it has today. My internet works fine. I like uverse,better than comcast. I've had this since 2005. I am really getting frustrated. Talked to a sup and all he did was give me a discount for 6 months. I want them to send a sup out here to check it. I don't think it's a line problem in my house. I told them the boxes have not been changed,nor the modem. Any help would be appreciated!

TIA,

Message 1 of 38 (1,388 Views)
Teacher

Re: freeze problems constantly/profile to high??

TxAngel wrote:

ok..he'll be here in 15 he said.

TXAngel - Do your self and favor and figure out if you have a bad coax or a bad box before letting the tech at it. If you simply have a bad box, then it could be replaced and you'll get 3 HD TV's.  Ask the tech to do it for you.  See prior posts.

Message 31 of 38 (772 Views)
Expert

What's the verdict?

TxAngel wrote:

ok..he'll be here in 15 he said.

Message 32 of 38 (772 Views)
Mentor

The verdict is..he replaced the square box plug ins on 2 outlets..the one that plugs in from the modem and the one to my computer, and replaced cable going to one of my tv's(not the main one). It's acting fine right now. Guess we will see in a couple of days. He was here a couple of hours,said all the tests showed fine. Told him I've heard that before. If I knew how to check a coax cable and figure out what worked and didn't,I would do it. I have asked them numerous times for new boxes,and they informed me it's not the equipment.

Message 33 of 38 (772 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Hope that's it; if not, come back and let us know.

Message 34 of 38 (772 Views)
Mentor

will do. So far it's worked better than it has in awhile. A tech guy emailed me and said they replaced the coax and switch plates and a cable. So we'll see! Thank you guys..if this don't work I'll be back!

Message 35 of 38 (772 Views)
Expert

Hopefully, we won't see you again. :smileyhappy:

Not in this thread, I mean! :smileyvery-happy:

TxAngel wrote:

will do. So far it's worked better than it has in awhile. A tech guy emailed me and said they replaced the coax and switch plates and a cable. So we'll see! Thank you guys..if this don't work I'll be back!

Message 36 of 38 (772 Views)
Contributor

Re: freeze problems constantly

Hello All,

I have been with Uverse for about a month, and I've started experiencing the freezing channels.  I've downloaded the U-verse Realtime thing that I've seen suggested, but have no clue how to use it.  Is there an instruction manual?  The tech is supposed to come by tomorrow to fix the problem.  Is there anything specific I should tell him to look for? 

I love the product so far, and would love to not have a reason to cancel it.  So any help or ideas that any of you may have is very welcome.

Message 37 of 38 (772 Views)
Expert

Re: freeze problems constantly

There is a Read Me file in the folder where Uverse Realtime was installed.

If you can get your stats posted before the installer gets there...

Top right of each tabbed page is a button SAVE SCREENSHOT. 

Post screenshots of these tabs:

• IP/Profile
  • Bitloading

Possibly someone will see this post before the tech arrives.

Message 38 of 38 (772 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.