Helpful Links

does uverse gateway support WDS?

Contributor

does uverse gateway support WDS?

I have had uverse for about 6months, no major issues.  I have the gateway(3800hgv-b) setup with my main pc wired to it and have a laptop connected wirelessly without any issues. Pretty boring and simple.  I just purchased blue ray player and tv which sit in a part of the house I can't run cables to.  trying to put a netgear wpn824v3 router setup in repeater/bridge mode out in the room with the tv/player so I can stream video.  The netgear router has the repeater capabilities but when I asked around someone said that the att gateway does not support WDS so it will not work. Is this true?  Help.... suggestions.....instructions if it does work on how to get it setup....

Thanks in advance,

Lefty_golfer

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: does uverse gateway support WDS?

Can't use bridge mode on a router behind router (RG) on Uverse, have to put it in DMZ plus in the RG.

This Computer Joe post tells you how it has to be hooked up:

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=HSIA&message.id=8149#M8149

Good luck, :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: does uverse gateway support WDS?

Take the Blu Ray back and get a wireless one!  I have a nice Sony for about $220, streams, and is wireless!
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support