Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 4, 2010
11:16:50 AM
codes for ATT set top box

I would like to program another remote for my Uverse box in the den  to leave on the far side of the den so I can change channels or volume. I have a universal remote but can not search or find code for ATT box. I was told 0511 would work but it doesn't. Anyone have a code? Thanks., howarddor

I would like to program another remote for my Uverse box in the den  to leave on the far side of the den so I can change channels or volume. I have a universal remote but can not search or find code for ATT box. I was told 0511 would work but it doesn't. Anyone have a code? Thanks., howarddor

codes for ATT set top box

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 11:26:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try 1004 and if that doesn't work try this link.

http://helpme.att.net/pdf/uverse/remote_control_user_guide.pdf

Try 1004 and if that doesn't work try this link.

http://helpme.att.net/pdf/uverse/remote_control_user_guide.pdf

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: codes for ATT set top box

2 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 11:29:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

howarddor wrote:

What type of universal remote are you trying to to program to control the U-verse box?

howarddor wrote:

What type of universal remote are you trying to to program to control the U-verse box?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 11:33:39 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am trying to program a X10 model UR73A

I am trying to program a X10 model UR73A

4 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 11:45:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The only universal remotes that I have seen work with the U-verse boxes are the Harmony remotes.  Since you want a 2nd remote to control the U-verse box in the same room, have you considered simply getting a 2nd U-verse remote instead of using a universal remote?

The only universal remotes that I have seen work with the U-verse boxes are the Harmony remotes.  Since you want a 2nd remote to control the U-verse box in the same room, have you considered simply getting a 2nd U-verse remote instead of using a universal remote?

5 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 4:09:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Just call and tell them yours is having a problem and they will send you another one at no charge.:smileywink:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Just call and tell them yours is having a problem and they will send you another one at no charge.:smileywink:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

6 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 4:47:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks but 1004 did not work. I'm somewhat a novice with some of this tech stuff. I'm trying to program it to the Cable  button but am not sure how ATT works probably not using right button. Thanks anyway, probably will have to break down and rent another remote from the big guys.

Thanks but 1004 did not work. I'm somewhat a novice with some of this tech stuff. I'm trying to program it to the Cable  button but am not sure how ATT works probably not using right button. Thanks anyway, probably will have to break down and rent another remote from the big guys.

7 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 4:51:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks Texasguy. Was trying to save buying another remote since I have several lying around not being used.

Thanks Texasguy. Was trying to save buying another remote since I have several lying around not being used.

8 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 5:03:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

howarddor wrote:

You're welcome.  Ask AT&T to send you another U-verse remote.  Some customers have been successful making the request.  If they do send you another remote, there would be no charge.

You can also find tons of U-verse remotes being sold on eBay.

U-verse remotes on eBay

howarddor wrote:

You're welcome.  Ask AT&T to send you another U-verse remote.  Some customers have been successful making the request.  If they do send you another remote, there would be no charge.

You can also find tons of U-verse remotes being sold on eBay.

U-verse remotes on eBay

9 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 5:44:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks I will try to get one from ATT and if they won't will try eBay

Thanks I will try to get one from ATT and if they won't will try eBay

10 of 12 (3,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 5:46:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I got two remotes today.  They don't charge for replacements.

I got two remotes today.  They don't charge for replacements.

11 of 12 (2,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 6:02:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks,great info. I will see if they will send an extra.

Thanks,great info. I will see if they will send an extra.

12 of 12 (2,881 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments