Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 12, 2010
3:14:39 PM
View profile
add on boxes in bedroom and lack of control features?

why can the add on box in the bedroom not pause or rewind live TV? it gets the feed from the dvr or so it seems because it wont work till it has all the info from the dvr.

if i do need to pause live tv I have to start it recording and watch that.

also it responds very slow, may have to hit guide or recorded tv once every 5 seconds (power light flashes like it said ok i got it) but wont do anything till 4 or 5 tries and often says something like service not available for 10 seconds then works again, when it does that you cant change the live tv channel either but it keeps playing, doesnt hang??

why can the add on box in the bedroom not pause or rewind live TV? it gets the feed from the dvr or so it seems because it wont work till it has all the info from the dvr.

also it responds very slow, may have to hit guide or recorded tv once every 5 seconds (power light flashes like it said ok i got it) but wont do anything till 4 or 5 tries and often says something like service not available for 10 seconds then works again, when it does that you cant change the live tv channel either but it keeps playing, doesnt hang??

add on boxes in bedroom and lack of control features?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2010 3:22:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

DJuan222 wrote:

why can the add on box in the bedroom not pause or rewind live TV? it gets the feed from the dvr or so it seems because it wont work till it has all the info from the dvr.  Suppossedly whenever THDVR phase 3 dowloads.

If an LCD check for these settings on your advanced settings on the menu: Dynamic Contrast, Auto or Ambient Brightness, Energy/Power Saver or Auto Iris.

If you have any of them or similar ones try turning them 'off' one by one until you find the culprit, then turn the non-offending ones back on to double check. All of these can cause Uverse remote problems w/an LCD.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

DJuan222 wrote:

why can the add on box in the bedroom not pause or rewind live TV? it gets the feed from the dvr or so it seems because it wont work till it has all the info from the dvr.  Suppossedly whenever THDVR phase 3 dowloads.

If an LCD check for these settings on your advanced settings on the menu: Dynamic Contrast, Auto or Ambient Brightness, Energy/Power Saver or Auto Iris.

If you have any of them or similar ones try turning them 'off' one by one until you find the culprit, then turn the non-offending ones back on to double check. All of these can cause Uverse remote problems w/an LCD.  Good luck :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: add on boxes in bedroom and lack of control features?

2 of 7 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2010 2:32:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you, Chris!!  AT&T should be informed.  We have gone through numerous phone calls and a tech yesterday with no solution but to buy an RF remote.  We have an LCD tv.  I could only get the control to work at 3 ft. or less.  Turned off the Dynamic Control and our existing control works great.  What a great solution.

fiddler

Thank you, Chris!!  AT&T should be informed.  We have gone through numerous phone calls and a tech yesterday with no solution but to buy an RF remote.  We have an LCD tv.  I could only get the control to work at 3 ft. or less.  Turned off the Dynamic Control and our existing control works great.  What a great solution.

fiddler

3 of 7 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 12:41:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

All of these can cause Uverse remote problems w/an LCD???

I dont follow on this portion, an LCD what ? I have it on a CRT tv in the bedroom and the standard remote box and remotes

the dvr box does the same thing not as often.

just not sure why they take the command flash the power light like it got it but does nothing and then every so often they state service is temp unavailable

All of these can cause Uverse remote problems w/an LCD???

I dont follow on this portion, an LCD what ? I have it on a CRT tv in the bedroom and the standard remote box and remotes

the dvr box does the same thing not as often.

just not sure why they take the command flash the power light like it got it but does nothing and then every so often they state service is temp unavailable

4 of 7 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 11:54:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

well not feeling well most of saturday i watched tv in bed all day

had to reboot the box in the middle of the day because a lot of chans around 151 stopped working as in no picture

then later I started having what I would call lag where live tv would stop from 5-10 seconds then just start again

this remote box has to be rebooted or powered off (as in unplugged) and on everyday or it gets a green screen and doesnt work until this is  done

is this just a bad box?

well not feeling well most of saturday i watched tv in bed all day

had to reboot the box in the middle of the day because a lot of chans around 151 stopped working as in no picture

then later I started having what I would call lag where live tv would stop from 5-10 seconds then just start again

this remote box has to be rebooted or powered off (as in unplugged) and on everyday or it gets a green screen and doesnt work until this is  done

is this just a bad box?

5 of 7 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 2:00:23 PM
(0)
Expert

I can't recall ever seeing a green screen?

There is a blue one and and orange one.

Did you see any kind of an error message?

You say it is a remote box, as it is sharing a coax connection with another STB or the DVR?

I can't recall ever seeing a green screen?

There is a blue one and and orange one.

Did you see any kind of an error message?

You say it is a remote box, as it is sharing a coax connection with another STB or the DVR?

6 of 7 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2010 7:46:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same exact problem, how did you resolve it? Thanx

I have the same exact problem, how did you resolve it? Thanx

7 of 7 (653 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments