Posted Jul 4, 2008
7:35:54 AM
Wireless Question
When I have ATT U-verse installed how does the wireless network work?  I mean, I have a laptop (wireless ready) and a desktop (that needs a router) so will ATT provide a router?  Will I need to do something else to connect my laptop to the ATT network?  I'm very new to the wireless world and just don't want any surprises.  Thank you for your help!

Wireless Question

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2008 8:09:04 AM
(0)
Master

the uverse supplied router is for tv phone and internet... it has 4 ports ethernet as well as wireless capable...

if yout laptop has a wireless card the tech will use that and supply one usb 2wire adapter for the desktop most likely.

if u can get the desktop wired with ethernet (cat5 etc) i would go that route imo for less connectivity issures..

randy

Re: Wireless Question

2 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2008 8:28:37 AM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you!

3 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 1:58:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have had att u-verse for over a year and i have the 3800HGV-B router. I stopped using the wireless feature for awhile because i run off of an ethernet cord. I wanted to use it recently and my network would not show up. so i looked at the router and the wireless light if not on or blinking. I then searched online for troubleshooting information and nothing helped. As you can see by the picture the wireless settings simply arent there. I have nooo idea why this is. Can anyone offer some suggestions? id really rather fix this myself without calling customer service.screenie.jpg

4 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 2:02:07 PM
(0)
Contributor
AT& T supplies you with a "all needs" router. if you sign up for u-verse every feature,(phone, internet[wireless & eathernet], and TV) everything plugs in through this one main modem/router.  When you sign up all you will need to do is type the wireless code into your laptop and your on! for the PC just run a cord from the box to the computer or buy a wireless card for the PC. Its very simple.

5 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2009 2:12:15 PM
(0)
Expert

Look at this page (you'll need the password on the sticker on the UV RG):

http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=C01&THISPAGE=&NEXTPAGE=C01

See if the WIRELESS button shows ENABLE--if it does, then click it and then it should show DISABLE (meaning you now using the Wireless).

Forgot to mention, can't see your picture yet (everything has to get approval from the Mod first).

Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-28-2009 04:13 PM

6 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2009 2:59:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

Login to your MDC page at http://192.168.1.254/mdc  then click on "Wireless" which should take you to  http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J46&THISPAGE=J01&NEXTPAGE=J46  check your wireless settings to similiar to the pict. below.

Wireless.jpg

7 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2009 3:13:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Did you try doing a hard reset of the rg?  Unplug it for 30 seconds and replug it.  After it boots up check the wireless settings.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 9 (1,030 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2009 10:07:52 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, can see your screenshot now and WIRELESS is not even there.

Try RCs suggestion...if that doesn't work, the RGs wireless may have died and ATT will have to come swap out for a new RG.

Let us know.

Have you called tech support to see if they can help remotely?  Try the number at bottom of my post.

9 of 9 (1,030 Views)