Wireless Connection Issue

Contributor

Wireless Connection Issue

My machine is windows XP, and whenever I try to get the wireless to work it gives me the message "Windows cannot configure this wireless network" or something similar. I have service pack 3 and when I try to look at the wireless network connection properties there is no Wireless Network tab. Am I going to be forced to use my laptop for all my internet needs?

Message 1 of 3 (985 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Wireless Connection Issue

I don't know why some XP computers connect with no problems and others don't.  I have two desktops and one laptop that run the XP os and not problems.  I got another XP desktop and I couldn't get it to connect.  Somejoe may have a solution for you.  He should  be along sooner or later to offer suggestions.

Message 2 of 3 (967 Views)
Master

Re: Wireless Connection Issue

bepickering wrote:

My machine is windows XP, and whenever I try to get the wireless to work it gives me the message "Windows cannot configure this wireless network" or something similar. I have service pack 3 and when I try to look at the wireless network connection properties there is no Wireless Network tab. Am I going to be forced to use my laptop for all my internet needs?

fwiw

Message 3 of 3 (889 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.