WiFi for HP iPaq 11 Classic Handheld

Highlighted
Contributor

WiFi for HP iPaq 11 Classic Handheld

I'm having trouble connecting my PDA, an iPaq 111 Classic, using WiFi.  I get a signal with a locked icon.  If I add my network key, it keeps telling me to check my settings.  Any idea where Authentication, data Encryption, and the like should be set?  I can still connect this defice  to public WiFi networks.
Message 1 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Master

Re: WiFi for HP iPaq 11 Classic Handheld

You entered your wireless password for the RG and your PDA is still showing a lock?
Message 2 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Expert

I have something funky going on with the iPod this AM...it shows I am connected to my network, but tells me there is no connection when I try something online.

It is giving some weird IP in the 169 range that I've never seen before.

Was at a Wayport McDs yesterday, but never had a problem like this!

edit--just tried TWC app...tells me it failed to connect, make sure Airplane mode is off.  Shows me connected to my home network, but I can't access anything!

To OP's post, I see a lock icon on iPod, but that is because it is set up WPA2 and requires my custom password.

Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-14-2009 10:24 AM

IP has changed again after restart of the iPod, all I can find on the IP range is this:

OrgName:    Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
OrgID:      IANA
Address:    4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
City:       Marina del Rey
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 90292-6695

NetRange:   169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255
CIDR:       169.254.0.0/16
NetName:    LINKLOCAL
NetHandle:  NET-169-254-0-0-1
Parent:     NET-169-0-0-0-0
NetType:    IANA Special Use
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IANA.ORG
Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-14-2009 10:31 AM
Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-14-2009 10:32 AM
Message 3 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Expert

169.254.x.x addresses are "last resort" addresses formally called "AutoIP".  The device is free to use these addresses when they have no static IP address defined, and DHCP has failed.

If you see a device get a 169.254.x.x address, basically that means it's not connected to the network.  Check your wireless settings, including the WPA key, encryption mode, and MAC address filtering at the access point.

Message 4 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Expert

Have done that, all is there as should be (RG).

Even tried setting Static on the Pod and will not connect (though says connected).

Pod keeps telling me the server stopped responding.

edit--deleted my network on the Pod and set it back up, is working now, but WHY did it do this?

Is my problem the same as what the OP is seeing for their HP iPac?

Message Edited by spd2demun on 06-14-2009 11:52 AM
Message 5 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Master

Spd2demun did you switch the airplane mode on and off as this causes it to seek strongest signal and I just looked at my iphone it is 192.xxx.x.xx.
Message 6 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Expert

No, never change that setting.  Think something got changed in AirPort (last RG maint. if wouldn't come out of yellow).  Odd when Pod finally connected, it came up with RG page showing another router was detected...another first.
Message 7 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Master

spd2demun wrote:
No, never change that setting.  Think something got changed in AirPort (last RG maint. if wouldn't come out of yellow).  Odd when Pod finally connected, it came up with RG page showing another router was detected...another first.I I    

I got caught of guard when the tech reset mine when I had line trouble and the password reverted back to the number on the RG and I was not aware so all my equipment would not accept my password so instead of changing it again I will just use the RG number.

Message 8 of 8 (1,018 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.