What is wrong with you people!

Contributor

What is wrong with you people!

[ Edited ]

I really, really, REALLY hate that if I change my email password, which I do from time to time for security, it changes my log-in password, and if I change my log-in password, it changes my email password.  I want to use my internet and my TV, and paying for that should not involve 20 minutes of changing passwords on two other computers and my cell phone and recording the changes someplace every time I interact with AT&T.  My GOD please tell me I'm not the only one who hates this!

And why the {Keep it Appropriate: word filter evasion} did I have to register for this forum?  I'm already signed in!  Same with the "manage DVR" function.  You guys are about one password away from me going back to DISH network.  At least there I could pause and rewind on any TV in the house.

You people take too much of my time.

Message 1 of 6 (476 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: What is wrong with you people!

DUDE! 

The posters on this message board are measly little subscribers just like you so calm it down.

The whole "you people" moniker ain't workin'.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (473 Views)
Contributor

I'm not directing my my anger at you or at any other subscriber.  But AT&T apparently doesn't listen to phone calls, and I couldn't even find an "email customer support" link.  I posted here on the impossible long-shot that some AT&T employee who knows that when the words "customer" and "service" are used together that they're supposed to mean something besides "ignore them."

Sorry if I offended you.  I'm very frustrated with these clowns.

Message 3 of 6 (466 Views)
ACE - Expert

I'd contact David and his tier2 team here:

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=36&id=david

Follow the directions under TROUBLES w/UVerse or install problems and hopefully they will solve your problem, good luck. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (462 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

The OP does not have a problem that can solved by AT&T.  The password for the U-verse email/password combination are the same that are used to log into your U-verse account, U-verse email, DVR management etc.

If you wish to have an email account that you want to periodically change the password but not affect the password for other U-verse services, I would suggest that you do not use your U-verse email account.  Create an email account with another service such as Google Mail, and use that as your primary email account.  You can change the password on that new email account as much as you wish.  You can also link any other email accounts that you have to the new email account to ensure that you do not miss any email messages.

Message 5 of 6 (454 Views)
Master

atcsteve wrote:

I really, really, REALLY hate that if I change my email password, which I do from time to time for security, it changes my log-in password, and if I change my log-in password, it changes my email password.  I want to use my internet and my TV, and paying for that should not involve 20 minutes of changing passwords on two other computers and my cell phone and recording the changes someplace every time I interact with AT&T.  My GOD please tell me I'm not the only one who hates this!

And why the h*** did I have to register for this forum?  I'm already signed in!  Same with the "manage DVR" function.  You guys are about one password away from me going back to DISH network.  At least there I could pause and rewind on any TV in the house.

You people take too much of my time.

You will be able to do the same thing with U-verse, as you could with Dish, once Phase 3 rolls out to your area as can be read here.

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 6 of 6 (446 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.