Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 22, 2011
11:26:49 AM
View profile
Want wireless N. Have 2wire G. Can I attach my Buffulo Tech N router?

This is just a first feasibility check. Just before I moved to Uverse I purchased a Buffulo Tech wireless N router. Now that I am on my Uverse 2wire router I am back to "g speeds." Is it possible to connect my "old" N router to the 2wire. Turn off the wireless on the 2wire and use the Buffulo?

If it is possible, feasible, I'll ask a few more questions about how to actually do it.

Thanks,

Dannveld

This is just a first feasibility check. Just before I moved to Uverse I purchased a Buffulo Tech wireless N router. Now that I am on my Uverse 2wire router I am back to "g speeds." Is it possible to connect my "old" N router to the 2wire. Turn off the wireless on the 2wire and use the Buffulo?

If it is possible, feasible, I'll ask a few more questions about how to actually do it.

Thanks,

Dannveld

Want wireless N. Have 2wire G. Can I attach my Buffulo Tech N router?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2011 2:40:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, you will need to turn off your wireless on your RG and connect your router to the RG and place it in the DMZ in the firewall.  Many people have had sucess doing this.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Yes, you will need to turn off your wireless on your RG and connect your router to the RG and place it in the DMZ in the firewall.  Many people have had sucess doing this.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Want wireless N. Have 2wire G. Can I attach my Buffulo Tech N router?

2 of 3 (1,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2011 2:41:56 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by jfw on May 22, 2011 at 2:43:43 PM

Shouldn't be a problem, quite a few posts here from people that have done it.  My computer is hard wired so I can't be much help as far as setup, but I'm sure someone will come along with specifics.

Sorry oufan, you beat me to the reply button.:smileyvery-happy:

Shouldn't be a problem, quite a few posts here from people that have done it.  My computer is hard wired so I can't be much help as far as setup, but I'm sure someone will come along with specifics.

Sorry oufan, you beat me to the reply button.:smileyvery-happy:

Re: Want wireless N. Have 2wire G. Can I attach my Buffulo Tech N router?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,286 Views)