Vista and U-verse

Vista and U-verse

They did not set up my Vista laptop when here now can not get it set up.Shows up on list of available wireless but will not connect both my XP and Imac works great but no luck with Vista
Tags (3)
Message 1 of 10
Professor

Re: Vista and U-verse

Do you get an error message?

Go to one of the working computers and go to this site (the password is at the side of the gateway):

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C05&THISPAGE=C01&NEXTPAGE=C05

What does it say under Authentication in the Wireless Netowrk Security box?

Message Edited by Uturnaroun on 10-22-2008 05:13 PM
Message 2 of 10

I have the wep pass code the same pass code works great on everything but the vista laptop.
Message 3 of 10
Professor

Is it WEP-Open or WEP-Shared? It will say here: http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C05&THISPAGE=C01&NEXTPAGE=C05
Message Edited by Uturnaroun on 10-22-2008 05:28 PM
Message 4 of 10

I get this message the settings on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network.
Message 5 of 10
Professor

OK, that means that the computer's security setting aren't what is on the gateway.

On the Vista Laptop, press Start and click Connect To on the right panel. Find your wireless network and right click it. Choose Properties. Now go to that site I posted before and check your authentication type. In the box that appeared, in the Encryption Type, make sure it says what it said on that site.. In the Security Type, make sure that also matches the site. Enter in the key in the box provided. On the Connection tab, check the box that says Connect automatically when this network is in range.

Then press OK. Right click the network and click connect. See if it works now.

Message 6 of 10
Master

Message 7 of 10

Thanks Uturnaroun followed your direction and got it to work I figured the Imac would be the one I would have problems with but was the easiest.

Thanks to all 

Message 8 of 10
Professor

No problem. If you have any more questiosn or issues, feel free to come back.
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Expert

Nice job UT.
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support