Verifying outgoing email accounts??

Guru

Verifying outgoing email accounts??

I am a Uverse customer, and want to set up several out-going ATT accounts so that when I reply to someone who sent me email to ID2 or ID3@att.net, my response will say "sent from ID3@att.net"  rather than "sent from mainID@ATT.net".

Trouble is, when ATT says I need to follow specific steps at their "help" (wow, what a misnomer) screens, NOTHING is right.  Their "help" screens do not match up with reality AT ALL.  When I log in, I can't even find words matching up on other places on the menues.

Now, I can't send ANY outgoing  email from my mozilla account.

Does anyone out there know how to configure and manage outgoing email for mozilla ????

I have zero respect for ATT, but they don't want my respect.  They only want my money.

Message 1 of 42 (449 Views)
Master

Re: Verifying outgoing email accounts??

well we can tell KK out of school for awhile...
Dennis
Message 31 of 42 (68 Views)
Scholar

webo52 wrote:

I am a Uverse customer, and want to set up several out-going ATT accounts so that when I reply to someone who sent me email to ID2 or ID3@att.net, my response will say "sent from ID3@att.net" rather than "sent from mainID@ATT.net".

Trouble is, when ATT says I need to follow specific steps at their "help" (wow, what a misnomer) screens, NOTHING is right. Their "help" screens do not match up with reality AT ALL. When I log in, I can't even find words matching up on other places on the menues.

Now, I can't send ANY outgoing email from my mozilla account.

Does anyone out there know how to configure and manage outgoing email for mozilla ????

I have zero respect for ATT, but they don't want my respect. They only want my money.

Webo52, 1st KNOW it has to be frustrating as hell for you, trying to set this account up,and I am talking to tech friends to see if a way to help you,

but also suggest that

1, you call U verse tech help back, but

this time say & demand

I need to talk to a tec II or 2nd level support

if 1st level ask's problem, simply say

I'am having some email problems, I need to talk to a tec II

if the level one says I can help you,

I would prefer to talk to a 2nd level support to get the right answer.

well let you see what friends tell me about how to help you.

have you also tried the online tec chat?

Was asked to ask you,

BEFOR AT&T took over all account,(all bell's) what was your old outlook,isp email

example--swbell.net,,global.net )

Message Edited by Morbius on 05-13-2008 05:40 AM
Message 32 of 42 (68 Views)
Scholar

DID you get problem fix? Webo
Message 33 of 42 (68 Views)
Guru

Partly answered.  Don't like the answer, though.

-Mozilla-

Removed mozilla, erased all related folders (total purging) 

Unplugged RG overnight.  forced a re-boot and any transient ram (but seems to be all persistent-ram)

next morning replugged in RG

re-installed mozilla

created the SINGLE out-going account to use today.

That ONE will recieve and send email.

- In afternoon tried to create the bellsouth.net INcoming box and that will not work.  (times out, with all settings the way they used to work. just times out no response)

-web mail-

After talking to a tech for about an hour this afternoon, I have come to the conclusion that ATT is HIJACKING, YES, HIJACKING my attempts at logging on to the bellsouth account.  One of the successful ways to that currently active, LEGAL account is through a proxy server in St.Louis, and THAT way I see a site https://webauth.att.net/-half-mile-numbers-percent-signs which is the LOG_IN screen.  Going through the LOCAL place the RG hooks to in Houston, I get HIJACKED AWAY FROM THE LEGAL SITE THAT I WANT AND DIVERTED TO THE YAHOO SITE.  This ought to be illegal and is completely unethical, but gets yahoo and att the almighty dollars from the yahoo sales ads, and att managers have sold their souls to the devil to just get a few more dollars.  So, after spitting on the graves of their mothers, I'll be glad to go to testify to Congress as to why ATT needs to be broken back up into smaller -yes, poorer- yes, weaker - subsidiaries.

This past week has NOT been fun.  

---- LAST POST ---

KK-- thanks for taking the time to dig deeper into the settings.

Morbius -- thanks for the concern

TexasToast77 -- ya need to lay off the garlic butter because when you laugh it stinks over here.  You, also, are hiding behind a pseudonym (ok, a persona): is that nefarious? why don't you use your real name and address and phone number?  Just like me, you want some privacy from the nutcakes (maybe me) on the web.  

----END THE THREAD ----  I'm not responding again. (but I still hate ATT) 

Message 34 of 42 (68 Views)
Scholar

webo52 wrote:

---- LAST POST ---

----END THE THREAD ---- I'm not responding again. (but I still hate ATT)

Webo IF or WHENEVER you read this,

If you want to hide you real name,ISP, & not have or don't want to use Outlook/your isp email, thats easy to do,

I haven't used or even have my OL express disabled or un installed since probally 3 months after i got 1st computer in 1999, I never use mine, even my ISP, (checked last night when i called,DOES NOT have my real email addie, (they have my forwarding addie from outlook addie to mu yahoo account)

I have 1 account where anyone & everything goes / forwarded from outlook express to yahoo,then forwarded to my MAIN yahoo.account, another account used for business's I deal with & 2 more for internet,& 3 at hotmail set up same way for business's or other people i deal with but NONE know my isp email addie.

if you would like for me to help you set that type account up, where everything is forwarded to yahoo, let me know no problem,.drop me a private not will send you the info,

also one FRIEND (2nd level tech) says that he has heard almost every name for bell's/SBC/ATT but everyone he has ever heard of when going/joining to yahoo have always been att.yahoo.com

not net.

===================================================

and yes I KNOW that frustration feeling your feeling toward AT&T,

the anger you feel toward the lack of "some tec's,(not just AT&T either)

mad enough to carry the computer out behind a mule,

stick a pin in the mules xxx,

so he 'll  kick the do dah out of the dam computer. 

Message Edited by Morbius on 05-13-2008 04:47 PM
Message 35 of 42 (68 Views)
Expert

Hey Webo, this is just a thought.  If you are frustrated don't take it out on your innocent computer, it could mean you would have to buy a new one.  And more importantly, if you try to pin it to a donkey you will probably get kicked.  IMHO.:smileywink:
Message 36 of 42 (68 Views)
Professor

Now I am a little bit confused. Are you trying to get your @att.net accounts working, or your Bellsouth accounts working or both? Which one(s) work and which one(s) don't? Are the @att.net accounts that you are trying to get to work U-verse accounts or Worldnet accounts?
Message Edited by Koolkid1935 on 05-13-2008 09:10 PM
Message 37 of 42 (68 Views)
Scholar

I think he mentioned,

-END THE THREAD ----  I'm not responding again. (but I still hate ATT)
Message 38 of 42 (68 Views)
Scholar

webo52 wrote:

Partly answered.  Don't like the answer, though.

-Mozilla-

Removed mozilla, erased all related folders (total purging) 

Unplugged RG overnight.  forced a re-boot and any transient ram (but seems to be all persistent-ram)

next morning replugged in RG

re-installed mozilla

created the SINGLE out-going account to use today.

That ONE will recieve and send email.

- In afternoon tried to create the bellsouth.net INcoming box and that will not work.  (times out, with all settings the way they used to work. just times out no response)

-web mail-

After talking to a tech for about an hour this afternoon, I have come to the conclusion that ATT is HIJACKING, YES, HIJACKING my attempts at logging on to the bellsouth account.  One of the successful ways to that currently active, LEGAL account is through a proxy server in St.Louis, and THAT way I see a site https://webauth.att.net/-half-mile-numbers-percent-signs which is the LOG_IN screen.  Going through the LOCAL place the RG hooks to in Houston, I get HIJACKED AWAY FROM THE LEGAL SITE THAT I WANT AND DIVERTED TO THE YAHOO SITE.  This ought to be illegal and is completely unethical, but gets yahoo and att the almighty dollars from the yahoo sales ads, and att managers have sold their souls to the devil to just get a few more dollars.  So, after spitting on the graves of their mothers, I'll be glad to go to testify to Congress as to why ATT needs to be broken back up into smaller -yes, poorer- yes, weaker - subsidiaries.

This past week has NOT been fun.  

---- LAST POST ---

KK-- thanks for taking the time to dig deeper into the settings.

----END THE THREAD ----  I'm not responding again. (but I still hate ATT) 

thats to bad that you do not want to TRY to fix the problem would have shown you a way you could forward ALL your isp (outlook( emails to yahoo or ?? whetever browser program you wanted) thus hiding your isp so when you reply to an email you can use whatever name addie you have chosen, either your  real isp & name/addie, well i offered or tried to help.

Message 39 of 42 (68 Views)
Professor

I haven't given up on this either Morbius...
Message 40 of 42 (68 Views)
Contributor

Re: Verifying outgoing email account

cwmx.com. is the outgoing ATT edge server. Also  smtp1.attglobal.net  I use the latter seemlessly. Why ATT doesn't provide this info on their site is beyond puzzeling.

If you are using Yahoo, Gmail, AOL,  ATT will allow you to use those specific servers...ALL other email  must use ATT's outgoing server. 

(The incoming server is specific to whatever your domain is).  But the outgoing server is ATT's regardless of your domain (unless it's the 3 they recognize..Yahoo, GMail and AOL). Here's a good link for a step by step set up.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1426

Message 41 of 42 (126 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Verifying outgoing email account

re: ...ALL other email  must use ATT's outgoing server. 

By default now, att blocks port 25, which is the standard port most smtp mail servers use. You can request Tech Support to disable (remove) port 25 blocking. This will allow you to use another smtp server to send email; or you can use another port if your other smtp server offers access via an alternate port.

Regards, Bill

Message 42 of 42 (126 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.