Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Nov 23, 2008
5:17:39 PM
View profile
VIP1216 3-digit code for Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20

Hi!  I'm consolidating my 4 remote controls into a single universal remote (Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20) and the only device that I can't find the 3-digit code for is the AT&T DVR (Motorola VIP1216).

I've checked the Universal Remote support website (it's pretty weak) without success.  Does anyone know where I could find the associated 3-digit code that will enable my MasterControl RF-20 to control my AT&T U-verse DVR VIP1216?

Thanks!

Hi!  I'm consolidating my 4 remote controls into a single universal remote (Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20) and the only device that I can't find the 3-digit code for is the AT&T DVR (Motorola VIP1216).

I've checked the Universal Remote support website (it's pretty weak) without success.  Does anyone know where I could find the associated 3-digit code that will enable my MasterControl RF-20 to control my AT&T U-verse DVR VIP1216?

Thanks!

VIP1216 3-digit code for Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2008 5:22:09 PM
(0)
Expert
I know you already bought a universal remote but you might want to look into a Harmony remote.
I know you already bought a universal remote but you might want to look into a Harmony remote.

Re: VIP1216 3-digit code for Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20

2 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2008 5:40:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

I needed RF capabilities because my VIP1216 DVR is in the garage, so my selection was pretty limited.  I did a lot of research and Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20 with the RF booster (http://www.universalremote.com/product_detail.php?model=102) had amazing reviews (http://www.amazon.com/RFS200-PowerPak-Bundle-MasterControl-PowerBlaster/dp/B000FL9E6U)  In addition, it cost only cost me only $75. I looked at comparible RF remotes from Harmony and they were in the $200+ range. 

What remote were you thinking of from Harmony?

I needed RF capabilities because my VIP1216 DVR is in the garage, so my selection was pretty limited.  I did a lot of research and Universal Remote MasterControl RF-20 with the RF booster (http://www.universalremote.com/product_detail.php?model=102) had amazing reviews (http://www.amazon.com/RFS200-PowerPak-Bundle-MasterControl-PowerBlaster/dp/B000FL9E6U)  In addition, it cost only cost me only $75. I looked at comparible RF remotes from Harmony and they were in the $200+ range. 

What remote were you thinking of from Harmony?

3 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2008 6:54:34 PM
(0)
Expert
None in particular, but because of Black Friday and the reduction in electronics devices in the next few weeks.  The price of Harmony remotes could drop substantially.  IMHO
None in particular, but because of Black Friday and the reduction in electronics devices in the next few weeks.  The price of Harmony remotes could drop substantially.  IMHO

4 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2009 8:05:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am looking into buying this remote, were you able to get yours to work with the VIP 1216?

Trent

{Personal content removed for your saftey} 

Message Edited by mod-moose on 03-20-2009 11:51 AM

I am looking into buying this remote, were you able to get yours to work with the VIP 1216?

Trent

{Personal content removed for your saftey} 

Message Edited by mod-moose on 03-20-2009 11:51 AM

5 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2009 7:05:20 AM
(0)
Teacher
I just programmed a Universal Remote Control WR7, for which none of the pre-programmed remotes would work with the VIP-1216. However, it is a learning remote, and I was able to program it perfectly in less than 5 minutes simply by learning each key from the original remote for the U-verse box.
I just programmed a Universal Remote Control WR7, for which none of the pre-programmed remotes would work with the VIP-1216. However, it is a learning remote, and I was able to program it perfectly in less than 5 minutes simply by learning each key from the original remote for the U-verse box.

6 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2009 11:49:01 AM
(0)
Contributor
The solution to all of your IR Repeater problems is the RF 20 remote with Power Blaster.  I hooked it up and it works great with U-Verse and all of my other components.  The one catch is that you have to teach the RF 20 all of the U-Verse commands but this is easy and takes about 20 minutes.  I got a great deal on the remote at:http://www.besthdtvbargains.com/hdtvs/urc-rfs200-powerpak-bundle.html I hope this helps.
The solution to all of your IR Repeater problems is the RF 20 remote with Power Blaster.  I hooked it up and it works great with U-Verse and all of my other components.  The one catch is that you have to teach the RF 20 all of the U-Verse commands but this is easy and takes about 20 minutes.  I got a great deal on the remote at:http://www.besthdtvbargains.com/hdtvs/urc-rfs200-powerpak-bundle.html I hope this helps.

7 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2009 9:16:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Everybody talks about whatever remote they have and how they programmed it, but NOBODY

has said what the actual 3 digit code is for the VIP1216!!!! what is it??!?!!!

Everybody talks about whatever remote they have and how they programmed it, but NOBODY

8 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2009 11:42:02 AM
(0)
Expert
That is a good question.  You may have to call ts and see if they have it.  800.983-2811  Let us know what you find out.  That would be a good code to have.
That is a good question.  You may have to call ts and see if they have it.  800.983-2811  Let us know what you find out.  That would be a good code to have.

9 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2009 6:48:28 PM
(0)
Expert

Spockroc wrote:

Codes are not standardized, they are specific to the brand and model of the remote you are programming.

If your remote's manual does not have the VIP1216 listed, call the manufacturer of your remote and ask them.  If the code is not built into the remote, sometimes the tech support of the remote manufacturer can assist you with updating the remote so that it can be programmed with a new code.

Spockroc wrote:

Codes are not standardized, they are specific to the brand and model of the remote you are programming.

If your remote's manual does not have the VIP1216 listed, call the manufacturer of your remote and ask them.  If the code is not built into the remote, sometimes the tech support of the remote manufacturer can assist you with updating the remote so that it can be programmed with a new code.

10 of 14 (5,379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2009 1:17:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

I wouldn't put any credence in jtrentwilliams and his statements re the RF-20.  He's made the same post all over the internet re this remote.  He used to include a link (that I assume gave him $ for being an affiliate).   I have the MasterControl RF-20 - the remote works fine with uverse, but the emitters on the RF module don't work at all.

Just so it's clear - the RF-20 RF module WILL NOT WORK WITH THE UVERSE VIP series boxes.

I wouldn't put any credence in jtrentwilliams and his statements re the RF-20.  He's made the same post all over the internet re this remote.  He used to include a link (that I assume gave him $ for being an affiliate).   I have the MasterControl RF-20 - the remote works fine with uverse, but the emitters on the RF module don't work at all.

Just so it's clear - the RF-20 RF module WILL NOT WORK WITH THE UVERSE VIP series boxes.

11 of 14 (4,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2009 6:54:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

PurduEE , you are wrong the  RF-20 RF module does work with UVERSE VIP series boxes..  At first I called uverse tech support which was no help.  They won't release any codes and won't let you talk with their Motorola counterpart.  Extremely irritating!!  Then I went back through the RF20 owners manual.  At the top of page 11 of the manual (the shaded area) it states that you can use the Learning Method on page 15, rather than going through all of the codes.   Although they do a very bad job of explaining that you can do this with a remote which none of the codes supplied work with, it does work.  The first thing you have to do is have the RF's controller learn how to mimic the Uverse remotes power button. You can do this by entering into the learning mode on the RF’s remote, then have the remotes face each other.  Press power ON or Off on the RF’s remote and hold the POWER button down on the Uverse remote until it say’s GOOD..  Once that is done, which is actually quite easy, you have to go through the same routine for EVERY button on your Uverse remote.   This process was definitely irritating and better instructions regarding this scenario would of made life a lot easier but now I'm surprised on how great it works.  The interface of the Uverse remote is quite easy to replicate.

PurduEE , you are wrong the  RF-20 RF module does work with UVERSE VIP series boxes..  At first I called uverse tech support which was no help.  They won't release any codes and won't let you talk with their Motorola counterpart.  Extremely irritating!!  Then I went back through the RF20 owners manual.  At the top of page 11 of the manual (the shaded area) it states that you can use the Learning Method on page 15, rather than going through all of the codes.   Although they do a very bad job of explaining that you can do this with a remote which none of the codes supplied work with, it does work.  The first thing you have to do is have the RF's controller learn how to mimic the Uverse remotes power button. You can do this by entering into the learning mode on the RF’s remote, then have the remotes face each other.  Press power ON or Off on the RF’s remote and hold the POWER button down on the Uverse remote until it say’s GOOD..  Once that is done, which is actually quite easy, you have to go through the same routine for EVERY button on your Uverse remote.   This process was definitely irritating and better instructions regarding this scenario would of made life a lot easier but now I'm surprised on how great it works.  The interface of the Uverse remote is quite easy to replicate.

12 of 14 (4,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2010 12:51:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

corbu55 - please re-read my post again.

As I said, the remote itself will work fine (albeit with some delay) if pointed at the uverse box.  However, the RF module with its associated 8 emitters will not work at all.  Again, the whole RF piece of this thing will not work.

I'd love a page citation telling me how to make the RF connected emitters work, but apparently, they use a different signalling from the uverse box. 

Anything else jtrent..., uh, I mean corbu55?

corbu55 - please re-read my post again.

As I said, the remote itself will work fine (albeit with some delay) if pointed at the uverse box.  However, the RF module with its associated 8 emitters will not work at all.  Again, the whole RF piece of this thing will not work.

I'd love a page citation telling me how to make the RF connected emitters work, but apparently, they use a different signalling from the uverse box. 

Anything else jtrent..., uh, I mean corbu55?

13 of 14 (4,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2010 10:06:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

Try using 288

Try using 288

14 of 14 (4,183 Views)