Uverse reception and internet reliability in western Chicago burbs?

Tutor

Uverse reception and internet reliability in western Chicago burbs?

Hi Everyone,

I have been a comcast HD TV and internet customer for many years and was dissapointed in the rate hikes.  My bill has went up more than 50 bucks a month in the last two years.  I signed up for uverse today and was a little surprised to now read all of these reviews saying that the picture quality was bad and the internet unreliable.  I live in South Elgin, IL and wanted to see if anyone in my area or the western Chicago burbs in general could comment on the current picture and internet differences with uverse vs comcast.  My installation isn't until August and I haven't cancelled comcast yet and just wanted to make sure that there are some people out there who feels their HD picture quality is the same or better than comcast and the internet is as reliable or more so.  It seems there are a lot of issues mentioned on the forum for uverse.  I have pretty much had perfect HD quality and my internet never goes down with comcast.  The only issue I have ever had is sometimes on on demand movies the audio will get out of synch with the video if I pause it and start it again.  I think uverse looks like it has a lot more features but again am just concerned with all of the installation and service problems I am reading about.  I work from home and need my internet up pretty much always.  Any advice from some Chicagoans??

Thanks!

Shawn

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Uverse reception and internet reliability in western Chicago burbs?

shawn what you read on here is but a few of the uverse subscribers, dare I say their are millions of happy uverse customers. A lot of folks only come on here to report a problem. If your worried ask the uverse installer to leave your comcast system alone and cancel within 30 days if not satisfied. The progress that I've seen in over 2 1/2 years is remarkable...

Dennis
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks for the note on this.  That is a good idea to leave my comcast in place so I can compare.  Did you ever have comcast in the past?  If so, how would you describe the HD differences?  It doesn't seem that many Chicagoans are on here so if anyone who has had comcast HD in the past from anywhere in general and feels their uverse HD is the same quality or better, and can leave me a reply on here that would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Shawn

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

I had Comcast for a number of years[i'm in the Chicagoland area btw]and Uverse is very close in quality to Comcast[except with sports when there's fast motion you do see some minor problems but after a few weeks you'll stop noticing them as much].......I'm watching the WGN news at this moment and it's as good pq wise as it would've been on Comcast.

Message 4 of 5
Expert

I had Comcast initially and had their digital tier.  When I left CC to go to DTV the difference was incredible, and the difference between Uverse and CC is the same.  My brother still has Comcast and he watches it on an hd tv.  My sd tv's picture is better than his.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support