Uverse iPhone App not working

Teacher

Uverse iPhone App not working

For the past few days, the Uverse iPhone app hasn't been working.  The channels and programs for the HD channels are wrong and you can not set anything to record from the phone.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a fix for it?

Message 1 of 13
Tutor

Re: Uverse iPhone App not working

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I have it on my iPhone v1.3  I've talked to ATT service and wireless mobility techs. They point the finger at Apple.  The strange thing is my friend has it on his iPhone too and it works fine.  I've tried to re-install and no change.  I hope someone from their tech group reads this board and they find an answer

Message 2 of 13
Contributor

I am having this same problem! Apple says AT&T is the developer.  I called AT&T they referred me to U-verse... (arnt they same thing?) and so far U-verse dosent have any answers.  They dont seem to understand anything about AT&T developing apps for iphone....what????  ugh

Message 3 of 13
Contributor

This UVERSE app was ok for a long time my local channels were never correct I had the local channels for Nashville Tn and I live in FL figure that one out att retards. Now this dam app is completely hosed and they dont care which is typical when the have your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

Message 4 of 13
ACE - Guru

plonker wrote:

Now this dam app is completely hosed and they dont care which is typical when the have your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

Its a free app so I guess they don't have your $$$$$$$$$

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 13
Tutor

Come on AT&T please fix this app.  I've tried talking with and e-mailing  ATT support and nothing.  The corporate store employees don't have any info either.  They (ATT Tech) won't even acknowledge that the app is theirs. 

Message 6 of 13
Tutor

Same problem, same situation. App did work fine, but recently we moved and again have Uverse. App can access DVR no problem, but guide still shows channels from our prior residence 1000 miles away. I have deleted the app and reinstalled twice, WRA has correct listings and STB's all work properly. Our id/pwd passed over from our previous account.

First rep was nice and after looking at available resources said to contact Apple. Apple rep said to call ATT since they are the developer. Second ATT rep claims they are not the developer and claimed it was third party. Called back to talk to T2 and second rep answered again, claimed that T2 wouldn't discuss, put me on hold then comes back and says that T2 refused to assist and again stated that ATT just doesn't support the app...

If Apple doesn't support the app and ATT doesn't support the app, who does?? App sure is sold by ATT Services, Inc.

Message 7 of 13
Contributor

Here is what I did to make it work:

1.Goto att.com/uverse and login to uverse account

2.Click on Manage my DVR

3.Opens Yahoo mail page..Login with @att.net email id and pwd

4.Set your Time zone correctly

Now uninstall and reinstall the uverse app from the App store.

This seems to be holding on for the last 3 days ..Hope nothing breaks

HTH

KS

Message 8 of 13
Contributor

I managed to find a responsible party. Anything that has been suggested is clever. The issue appears to be technical in nature and resolved. Give it a try, as I will too. 

Message 9 of 13
Contributor

In case it is not working, ATT is in the process of retesting the application and multiple components.

Message 10 of 13
Master

Mine appears to be working today not the situation last week.

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

I haven't had a problem since 6-15-2010. Looks like the technical issues were resolved.... oh yeah!

Message 12 of 13
Contributor

We recently moved, (8 months ago), and I'm having the same problem - and getting the same run-around - as Boris.  The Uverse app for my iPhone shows the guide and channels for the city I was previously living in, not the one I'm living in now.  Uverse tech support has been absolutely useless.  They have no idea what the problem is, but they're sure it's not their issue.  They say I need to call Apple.  I've explained that this is their application, Apple did not develop it so therefore it cannot be Apple's problem.  It's like talking to a wall.

I tried the solution suggested by vidya46.  The guide displayed for my DVR is correct online, but the one in the app is still from my previous city. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions? 

Message 13 of 13
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support