Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 2, 2010
4:20:55 PM
Uverse Remote Code for Samsung Blu Ray BD-P3600

I tried all of the Samsung DVD codes listed in the manual that came with my Uverse remote control, but no codes will work with their Blu Ray player I just got.  I've tried the automatic search, and that never works either.  Has anyone had any luck getting Blu Ray players to work with the remote?

I've tried every DVD code for Samsung documented here:  http://helpme.att.net/pdf/uverse/remote_control_user_guide.pdf

Thanks!

I tried all of the Samsung DVD codes listed in the manual that came with my Uverse remote control, but no codes will work with their Blu Ray player I just got.  I've tried the automatic search, and that never works either.  Has anyone had any luck getting Blu Ray players to work with the remote?

I've tried every DVD code for Samsung documented here:  http://helpme.att.net/pdf/uverse/remote_control_user_guide.pdf

Thanks!

Uverse Remote Code for Samsung Blu Ray BD-P3600

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2010 5:03:58 PM
(0)
Expert

Take a look HERE at FuzioN's extensive list of codes.

edit--FF browser keeps crashing :smileymad:  Forgot to mention there are no BluRay codes there, but something might work?

Message Edited by spd2demun on 01-02-2010 07:34 PM

Take a look HERE at FuzioN's extensive list of codes.

edit--FF browser keeps crashing :smileymad:  Forgot to mention there are no BluRay codes there, but something might work?

Message Edited by spd2demun on 01-02-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Uverse Remote Code for Samsung Blu Ray BD-P3600

2 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 9:35:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.  None of those codes would work either though.  I guess I'll have to see if I can find a universal remote somewhere that will work with it.

Thanks.  None of those codes would work either though.  I guess I'll have to see if I can find a universal remote somewhere that will work with it.

3 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2010 5:57:27 PM
(0)
Expert

They do sell a new RF (no line-of-site) remote here.

Might work since it is a learning (head-to-head) remote?

You can return if it doesn't work for you, maybe a local ATT store has them, no return shipping?

I have one, but haven't tried it for learning, just use to operate a shared STB...works great through walls for that.

They do sell a new RF (no line-of-site) remote here.

Might work since it is a learning (head-to-head) remote?

You can return if it doesn't work for you, maybe a local ATT store has them, no return shipping?

I have one, but haven't tried it for learning, just use to operate a shared STB...works great through walls for that.

4 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2010 10:45:35 AM
(0)
Mentor
I followed directions on searching by press DVD, OK, release, enter 922, then press and hold play button until unit shuts off.  That worked for my Sony Blue Ray BDP-N460.
I followed directions on searching by press DVD, OK, release, enter 922, then press and hold play button until unit shuts off.  That worked for my Sony Blue Ray BDP-N460.

5 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2010 5:40:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ended up purchasing the Sony RM-VL600 remote, and that solved the problem for me.  It works fine with the Samsung BD-P3600 and AT&T's Uverse Motorola Cable box.

The Samsung and Motorola (U-verse) codes that it came with didn't work with the remote, but I was able to use the learning function to program each button one by one for both the Blu Ray and U-verse.  I also have a Samsung soundbar for my sound system, and that also had to be programmed using the learning function.

I guess they just don't include enough build in codes in today's universal remotes.... and those Logitech remotes that can do anything are cool, but there was no way I'm paying over $30 for a remote.

I ended up purchasing the Sony RM-VL600 remote, and that solved the problem for me.  It works fine with the Samsung BD-P3600 and AT&T's Uverse Motorola Cable box.

The Samsung and Motorola (U-verse) codes that it came with didn't work with the remote, but I was able to use the learning function to program each button one by one for both the Blu Ray and U-verse.  I also have a Samsung soundbar for my sound system, and that also had to be programmed using the learning function.

I guess they just don't include enough build in codes in today's universal remotes.... and those Logitech remotes that can do anything are cool, but there was no way I'm paying over $30 for a remote.

6 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2010 9:04:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just thought I would mention on this forum that the Sony remote I purchased didn't work as I expected it to.  Don't buy it!  I ended up returning it to Best Buy.  The Sony remote worked, but it turned out several buttons couldn't be programmed even with the "learning" feature.

I ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying a cheap $15 remote that was perfect.  It works great as a Uverse remote replacement, and it does a perfect job replacing the latest Samsung Blu-Ray remote.  It's a Philips model SRU5107/27.  I've test every button, and this one works great. Anyone who owns a BD-P3600 they will agree, the A B C D buttons are very important, and this remote has colored buttons that match those.  It even understands the devices without having to "learn" them.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/remote-control/sru5107_27/prd/us/

I hope this helps someone out there so that they don't have to go through the trouble I did.

I just thought I would mention on this forum that the Sony remote I purchased didn't work as I expected it to.  Don't buy it!  I ended up returning it to Best Buy.  The Sony remote worked, but it turned out several buttons couldn't be programmed even with the "learning" feature.

I ended up going to Wal-Mart and buying a cheap $15 remote that was perfect.  It works great as a Uverse remote replacement, and it does a perfect job replacing the latest Samsung Blu-Ray remote.  It's a Philips model SRU5107/27.  I've test every button, and this one works great. Anyone who owns a BD-P3600 they will agree, the A B C D buttons are very important, and this remote has colored buttons that match those.  It even understands the devices without having to "learn" them.

http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/remote-control/sru5107_27/prd/us/

I hope this helps someone out there so that they don't have to go through the trouble I did.

7 of 14 (35,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2010 10:29:19 PM
(0)
Expert
Good to know.
Good to know.

8 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2010 11:16:14 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yeah, I tried 5 different universal remotes until I finally found this one.  That was a lot of trips back and forth to various stores.
Yeah, I tried 5 different universal remotes until I finally found this one.  That was a lot of trips back and forth to various stores.

9 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2010 12:36:37 AM
(0)
Expert
Can't beat the price for sure!  We may be looking for something soon, getting to be a hassle with new Samsung HDTV that has tons of settings. :smileywink:
Can't beat the price for sure!  We may be looking for something soon, getting to be a hassle with new Samsung HDTV that has tons of settings. :smileywink:

10 of 14 (35,333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2010 8:06:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

Try 2340 as the US Code.  Worked for me.

Try 2340 as the US Code.  Worked for me.

11 of 14 (27,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2010 6:38:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

The code above (2340) also worked for Samsung 3D Blu ray BD-C6900

The code above (2340) also worked for Samsung 3D Blu ray BD-C6900

12 of 14 (27,639 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2010 6:54:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

Worked for my BD-C5500 as well. Thanks guys...

Worked for my BD-C5500 as well. Thanks guys...

13 of 14 (27,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2011 2:45:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

I can't get the remote to work with my bd6900. how'd you do it? what remote do you have. is your bluray connected to a samsung tv?

I can't get the remote to work with my bd6900. how'd you do it? what remote do you have. is your bluray connected to a samsung tv?

14 of 14 (27,121 Views)