Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 20, 2010
5:45:54 PM
Uverse Motorola 1225 Surround Sound problem

Finally splurged and bought a new receiver and LED tv. Bought LG 55LH90 TV and Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver. My previous receiver did not support HDMI

Becuase it didnt support HDMI, i connected Component cables from STB to TV and Optical from STB to receiver. Now that i have a new receiver, i have everything going through HDMI to the receiver, and 1 HDMI out to the TV. When i watch TV with sound set on "Stereo" (2 channel) everything sounds as it should. Sound comes through 2 speakers and is nice and clear. When i change it to Surround Sound, sound comes through all speakers (7.1) but is extremely distorted and 'echoey'. I turn it back to stereo and all is good again.

I have seen this problem in a couple other forums but most of them are older posts. I do not recall seeing any firmware update messages on my TV since getting Uverse about a year ago. Is there a setting i need to change to receive the updates or do i have to manually install them through the USB port? (i figure that there is a slight chance that a firmware update may have fixed this.)

FYI, i AM using HDMI1.3a so they are high speed cables. Blu-Ray and Xbox360 surround sound straight through the same receiver and cables sounds perfect. Video through the STB is pretty good (wish it was 1080p though)

If anyone knows a fix for my problem (preferably without reverting to Component/Optical cables) it would be much appreciated.

Finally splurged and bought a new receiver and LED tv. Bought LG 55LH90 TV and Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver. My previous receiver did not support HDMI

Becuase it didnt support HDMI, i connected Component cables from STB to TV and Optical from STB to receiver. Now that i have a new receiver, i have everything going through HDMI to the receiver, and 1 HDMI out to the TV. When i watch TV with sound set on "Stereo" (2 channel) everything sounds as it should. Sound comes through 2 speakers and is nice and clear. When i change it to Surround Sound, sound comes through all speakers (7.1) but is extremely distorted and 'echoey'. I turn it back to stereo and all is good again.

I have seen this problem in a couple other forums but most of them are older posts. I do not recall seeing any firmware update messages on my TV since getting Uverse about a year ago. Is there a setting i need to change to receive the updates or do i have to manually install them through the USB port? (i figure that there is a slight chance that a firmware update may have fixed this.)

FYI, i AM using HDMI1.3a so they are high speed cables. Blu-Ray and Xbox360 surround sound straight through the same receiver and cables sounds perfect. Video through the STB is pretty good (wish it was 1080p though)

If anyone knows a fix for my problem (preferably without reverting to Component/Optical cables) it would be much appreciated.

Uverse Motorola 1225 Surround Sound problem

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2010 5:55:39 PM
(0)
Expert

redass1876 wrote:

This is currently a known problem that just appeared around 2 weeks ago.  Affects Pioneer AV receivers worse than any other.

Please see the multi-page thread Volume Dropped on DVR for full discussion and explanation.

redass1876 wrote:

This is currently a known problem that just appeared around 2 weeks ago.  Affects Pioneer AV receivers worse than any other.

Please see the multi-page thread Volume Dropped on DVR for full discussion and explanation.

Re: Uverse Motorola 1225 Surround Sound problem

2 of 2 (1,233 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments