Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 17, 2011
8:40:35 AM
View profile
Update

In case you haven't seen this press release yet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ATT-Upgrades-Uverse-Total-prnews-1280511672.html?x=0

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Update

67 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(67)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 6:45:26 AM
(0)
Scholar

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

Just wondering.  Were you notified of the update by a message on the TV screen?

i have yet gotten an onscreen message about any of the updates.  I only know there has been an update when I notice something is different.

In the case of the Phase 3, I noticed that the fast forward/rewind progress bar looked different, I no longer had a "jump back" when I stopped fast forwarding, everything seemed slower to respond to remote control commands, and the user interface seemed darker and different in some way I couldn't put my finger on.

Then I noticed there was now a menu option in the DVR area telling me how much remaining space existed.

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

i have yet gotten an onscreen message about any of the updates.  I only know there has been an update when I notice something is different.

In the case of the Phase 3, I noticed that the fast forward/rewind progress bar looked different, I no longer had a "jump back" when I stopped fast forwarding, everything seemed slower to respond to remote control commands, and the user interface seemed darker and different in some way I couldn't put my finger on.

Then I noticed there was now a menu option in the DVR area telling me how much remaining space existed.

Re: Update

31 of 68 (1,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 7:13:53 AM
(0)
Professor

I was Yes

I was Yes

32 of 68 (1,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 8:56:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on May 24, 2011 at 8:59:05 AM

rharkness wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

The fast forward timers have changes in phase 3.  The first depression of the FF button only jumps 2 or 3 seconds at a time.  To get phase 3 to FF as it used to in phase 2 with one depression plus "jump back" you need to depress the FF button twice.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

rharkness wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

The fast forward timers have changes in phase 3.  The first depression of the FF button only jumps 2 or 3 seconds at a time.  To get phase 3 to FF as it used to in phase 2 with one depression plus "jump back" you need to depress the FF button twice.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
33 of 68 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 9:04:38 AM
(0)
Scholar

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Thanks for that clarification.  Plus, that explains why it seemed to randomly work.  I tend to either FF with one button press or two and often don't really notice when I am on one press or two Smiley Happy  So, to me it sometimes worked with the "jump back" and sometimes didn't Smiley Wink

BeeBeeSA wrote:

Thanks for that clarification.  Plus, that explains why it seemed to randomly work.  I tend to either FF with one button press or two and often don't really notice when I am on one press or two Smiley Happy  So, to me it sometimes worked with the "jump back" and sometimes didn't Smiley Wink

34 of 68 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 12:41:32 PM
(0)
Expert

Dead last for Houston, NLT.  Smiley Very Happy

NorthLineTony wrote:

Shyster951 wrote:

Could be, though you said in the Phase 3 chain says that Detroit scheduled for 6/1.  Maybe they're rolling it out faster than planned?

Well as some posters from the Lone Star State can tell you, San Antonio may have it today, Dallas next week, then Houston a month or so later.

Right, Spd?

Dead last for Houston, NLT.  Smiley Very Happy

NorthLineTony wrote:

Shyster951 wrote:

Could be, though you said in the Phase 3 chain says that Detroit scheduled for 6/1.  Maybe they're rolling it out faster than planned?

Well as some posters from the Lone Star State can tell you, San Antonio may have it today, Dallas next week, then Houston a month or so later.

Right, Spd?

35 of 68 (953 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 12:49:04 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Golfjunky_1 on May 24, 2011 at 12:50:13 PM

rharkness wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

Thank you rharkness

rharkness wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

Thank you rharkness

[ Edited ]
36 of 68 (949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 12:54:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

txnroger wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

rharkness wrote:

I got the update in the Oklahoma City area today

Once the upgrade has been completed for all customers in a VHO they will receive an on-screen notification about the update.

Thank you txnroger

txnroger wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

rharkness wrote:

Once the upgrade has been completed for all customers in a VHO they will receive an on-screen notification about the update.

Thank you txnroger

37 of 68 (946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 12:58:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

txnroger wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

rharkness wrote:

Thank you txnroger

No problem.  I hope that all of you enoy the upgrades.  Pausing and re-winding live tv on the non-dvr set top boxes has been a saving grace around my house.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

txnroger wrote:

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

rharkness wrote:

Thank you txnroger

No problem.  I hope that all of you enoy the upgrades.  Pausing and re-winding live tv on the non-dvr set top boxes has been a saving grace around my house.

38 of 68 (942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 3:26:02 PM
(0)
Expert

Reminds me of how (in the early days) we used to push the red button on the remote to try recording  from a non-DVR box; now I find myself doing the same thing with the Rew/Pause buttons!

Reminds me of how (in the early days) we used to push the red button on the remote to try recording  from a non-DVR box; now I find myself doing the same thing with the Rew/Pause buttons!

39 of 68 (902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 3:26:04 PM
(0)
Expert

40 of 68 (904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 3:30:40 PM
(0)
Scholar
Smiley Very Happy
spd2demun wrote:

Just a little more patience.  I think you will find it worth the wait.  Plus, look at all the practive you are getting hitting the pause and rewind buttons!
Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy
spd2demun wrote:

Just a little more patience.  I think you will find it worth the wait.  Plus, look at all the practive you are getting hitting the pause and rewind buttons!
Smiley Very Happy

41 of 68 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 3:33:03 PM
(0)
Expert

Smiley Very Happy  My trigger thumb is ready to go!

42 of 68 (1,456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 3:35:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

spd2demun wrote:

Once you get it the next time your spouse comes into the room and start talking, or the kids, or the pets start making a ruckus you can just pause, kick them all out of the room, lock the door and pick back up from where you were interrupted! LOL Smiley Very Happy

spd2demun wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Once you get it the next time your spouse comes into the room and start talking, or the kids, or the pets start making a ruckus you can just pause, kick them all out of the room, lock the door and pick back up from where you were interrupted! LOL Smiley Very Happy

spd2demun wrote:

43 of 68 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2011 6:54:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

txnroger wrote:

Sadly, while I got 3 STBs for free when I switched to U-Verse back in 2007, I only have one being utilized so the Phase 3 main features won't be used by me....yet.

But, I LOVE the meter telling me how much recording space remains. 

txnroger wrote:

Sadly, while I got 3 STBs for free when I switched to U-Verse back in 2007, I only have one being utilized so the Phase 3 main features won't be used by me....yet.

But, I LOVE the meter telling me how much recording space remains. 

44 of 68 (1,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2011 5:09:42 AM
(0)
Professor

I got 4HD this morning

I got 4HD this morning

45 of 68 (1,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2011 5:25:12 PM
(0)
Expert

owwwwww!

owwwwww!

46 of 68 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 11:58:32 AM
(0)
Teacher

I believe my area, the Austin-Round Rock area just got it. Yesterday morning I got a message that an update was available, and after it was installed everything looked a little different (the pop-up that shows where you are in the program when you pause and such, as well as the menus). Haven't tested the pausing on another STB, but I'm guessing this is it?

I believe my area, the Austin-Round Rock area just got it. Yesterday morning I got a message that an update was available, and after it was installed everything looked a little different (the pop-up that shows where you are in the program when you pause and such, as well as the menus). Haven't tested the pausing on another STB, but I'm guessing this is it?

47 of 68 (901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 12:33:10 PM
(0)
Professor

jjhatch wrote:

You got it!

jjhatch wrote:

You got it!

48 of 68 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2011 1:51:43 PM
(0)
Expert

Smiley Very Happy @ NT.

Smiley Very Happy @ NT.

49 of 68 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2011 11:34:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Well it appears to be a deep south thing. What about the midwest?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

50 of 68 (796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 6:00:14 AM
(0)
Mentor
I hope they fix the resposiveness. I'm getting a delay on button pushes from the remote.
I hope they fix the resposiveness. I'm getting a delay on button pushes from the remote.

51 of 68 (1,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 6:14:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

Nothing in Chicagoland AFAIK as of this morning.

dhascall wrote:

Nothing in Chicagoland AFAIK as of this morning.

52 of 68 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 7:45:25 AM
(0)
Professor

dhascall wrote:

Indy and/ or Detroit may win the booby prize for Phase 3.

dhascall wrote:

Indy and/ or Detroit may win the booby prize for Phase 3.

53 of 68 (1,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 12:48:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:48:42 PM

I noticed the same thing when I first received phase 3 but it seems to have gone almost back to normal now....after about 3 or 4 days.  It is still a little slower but nothing to complain about.

Mobutu wrote:

I noticed the same thing when I first received phase 3 but it seems to have gone almost back to normal now....after about 3 or 4 days.  It is still a little slower but nothing to complain about.

Mobutu wrote:

[ Edited ]
54 of 68 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 6:04:15 PM
(0)
Expert

It could be bogged down in Texas.  You know, the state is so big.  j/k  But I think we should blame Spds aliens.Smiley Wink

It could be bogged down in Texas.  You know, the state is so big.  j/k  But I think we should blame Spds aliens.Smiley Wink

55 of 68 (963 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 7:41:42 PM
(0)
Professor

RCSMG wrote:

I athink you and I will get it by the end of the week.Man Surprised

RCSMG wrote:

I athink you and I will get it by the end of the week.Man Surprised

56 of 68 (930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 3:57:56 AM
(0)
Expert

Don't even bring up my little friends! Smiley Wink

Quite odd in the order that this upgrade rolled out; not that I'm complaining.

Don't even bring up my little friends! Smiley Wink

Quite odd in the order that this upgrade rolled out; not that I'm complaining.

57 of 68 (894 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 7:55:21 AM
(0)
Mentor

Update here in Richardson TX (N Dallas area) on Monday night ~ 11:30 PM.

It seems to us that the fast forward (1st click) is now slower than it previously was.

Anyone else notice this?

Otherwise, all seems fine.

Dlck

Update here in Richardson TX (N Dallas area) on Monday night ~ 11:30 PM.

It seems to us that the fast forward (1st click) is now slower than it previously was.

Anyone else notice this?

Otherwise, all seems fine.

Dlck

58 of 68 (855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 8:41:36 AM
(0)
Expert
Yes, they basically added an arrow to all the FF/REW settings. The 2-arrow speed is new, it's about 2x, quite slow.

The 3-arrow setting is what the 2-arrow setting used to be, and the 4-arrow setting is what the 3-arrow setting used to be.
Yes, they basically added an arrow to all the FF/REW settings. The 2-arrow speed is new, it's about 2x, quite slow.

The 3-arrow setting is what the 2-arrow setting used to be, and the 4-arrow setting is what the 3-arrow setting used to be.

59 of 68 (844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 9:51:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks. That is what my wife and I both thought, but her agreeing with me made me think that perhaps I was wrong. Smiley Surprised

Thanks. That is what my wife and I both thought, but her agreeing with me made me think that perhaps I was wrong. Smiley Surprised

60 of 68 (822 Views)