Update

Scholar

Update

In case you haven't seen this press release yet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ATT-Upgrades-Uverse-Total-prnews-1280511672.html?x=0

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 1 of 68
Scholar

Re: Update

Could be, though you said in the Phase 3 chain says that Detroit scheduled for 6/1.  Maybe they're rolling it out faster than planned?

Message 16 of 68
Professor

Shyster951 wrote:

Could be, though you said in the Phase 3 chain says that Detroit scheduled for 6/1.  Maybe they're rolling it out faster than planned?

Well as some posters from the Lone Star State can tell you, San Antonio may have it today, Dallas next week, then Houston a month or so later.

Right, Spd?

Message 17 of 68

Questions:

If two different people are watching the same channel on separate STBs will they be allowed to pause/rewind independently (as opposed to allowing only one STB to have a "non-live stream")?

Assuming this is the case, how will watching the same channel on different STBs affect the number of streams at any particular time?

Message 18 of 68
Professor

That Don Guy wrote:

Questions:

If two different people are watching the same channel on separate STBs will they be allowed to pause/rewind independently (as opposed to allowing only one STB to have a "non-live stream")?

Assuming this is the case, how will watching the same channel on different STBs affect the number of streams at any particular time?

That's a no brainer, of course they would. Just like watching the same recorded program each viewer can independently rewind, pause, ff. All TV's on Channel X= One stream. Got it?

Message 19 of 68
Expert

NorthLineTony wrote:

That Don Guy wrote:

Questions:

That's a no brainer, of course they would. Just like watching the same recorded program each viewer can independently rewind, pause, ff. All TV's on Channel X= One stream. Got it?

Two people watching the same live program but independently controlling each one results in the use of:

1 stream counted against the WAN stream limit.

1 stream counted against the DVR Ingress limit.

2 streams counted against the DVR Egress limit.

Message 20 of 68
Teacher

San Antonio has the update, it's nice, but slow. Especially when erasing from the DVR on an STB. Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 68
Expert

Thats not surprising to read about.  I'm sure there are many other unexpected issues with the new phase and how it will affect the service.

Message 22 of 68
Professor

docbombay wrote:

That is probably the most guarded secret other than the 11 herbs and spices in the KFC recipe! Smiley Happy

AT&T has not, to the best of my knowledge, released any timetables for previous upgrades, and is unlikely to do so for Phase 3.  Be patient--all good things come to those who wait!

docbombay

The formula for Coca Cola is more guarded than KFC..

aT LEAST i THINK IT IS.

iT WILL BE HERE TO ALL OF US B 4 WE KNOW IT.

Message 23 of 68

You may be right about Coke, but both are heavily guarded--I just happen to have a relative who is a KFC franchisee, so I picked the example that came to mind first.  But you're also right in saying that the "secret" of Phase 3 rollout will become evident as time passes and we follow its progress on the forum.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 24 of 68
Scholar

I got the update in the Oklahoma City area today

Message 25 of 68
Expert

Cool, enjoy.

Message 26 of 68
Professor

So far we have San Antonio, Mobile, OKLAHOMA City in the Phase Club.

Message 27 of 68

You'd think with Mobile having it Birmingham would have been one of the first to get it, but as of early today still don't have it. maybe will get update overnight. hope so. these features will come on great for baseball games,

Message 28 of 68
Mentor

rharkness wrote:

Just wondering.  Were you notified of the update by a message on the TV screen?

Message 29 of 68
Highlighted
Scholar

Golfjunky_1 wrote:

rharkness wrote:

Just wondering.  Were you notified of the update by a message on the TV screen?

Once the upgrade has been completed for all customers in a VHO they will receive an on-screen notification about the update.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 30 of 68
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support