Posted Oct 11, 2010
9:35:09 PM
View profile
Update last night

Our DVR and two STB's updated last night. Now we have WAN Profile: 0 SD/4 HD and Ingress Profile: 1 SD/3 HD

This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. ........Dwight D. Eisenhower
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Update last night

17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2010 9:38:55 PM
(0)
Expert

You're gonna love it! :smileywink:

Re: Update last night

2 of 18 (2,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 7:14:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

I do you find out when you have an update? I assume it does it automatically, but how do you see what's new or when it updated? I just got this service 2 weeks ago, so I am new to it.

3 of 18 (2,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 7:39:40 AM
(0)
Expert

First hint is to stay tuned here, people will start posting they *got it*. :smileywink:

Normally, they happen without notice while you're sleeping (like the UV fairy). :smileywink:  The only reason some of us see it happen live is because we can't sleep. :smileysad:

What has been happening lately, is an announcement appears on your TV when you turn it on in the morning.

Something like the 3HD/4HD situation; some have called in for it, others have just waited.

And welcome to UV. 

4 of 18 (2,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 8:19:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The message that I got at 1:10am a week or so ago was for a restart of the DVR for the WAN 4th HD would start in 30 seconds unless I cancelled it.  So if the TV had not been on it would have done it automatically. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 18 (2,621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 9:57:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

markt1993 wrote:

I do you find out when you have an update? I assume it does it automatically, but how do you see what's new or when it updated? I just got this service 2 weeks ago, so I am new to it.

Like others have said,  you'll know it when 1) you discover a new feature or upgrade or 2) you read about it, here.  AT&T seldom pre-announces a new or upcoming feature.  They will send a post card or a pop-up on screen long,  after the rollout.

6 of 18 (2,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 9:37:54 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by showtime48 on Oct 12, 2010 at 9:43:40 PM

mine are still the same: 2/2 but my max bandwidth has changed since i last looked to: 21973600 non-dvr stb. will do a restart and report back. did a restart but no change...

Dennis

[ Edited ]
7 of 18 (2,386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2010 1:01:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

markt1993 wrote:

Sometimes new information shows up in the DVR and STB's information.

On your remote.....click MENU  then use the arrow key to maneuver over to OPTIONS....click on SYSTEM OPTIONS.....click on SYSTEM INFORMATION....then use arrow key to meneuver to various subject matter.  For example..... in this case move to SYSTEM RESOURCES and read what the WAN Profile is.  Here is what mine says:

WAN Profile: 0 SD/4 HD; Max Bandwidth: 31947200

Ingress Profile: 1 SD/ 3 HD; Ingress Bandwidth: 26960400

Egress Profile: 18973600, 1 SD/ 2 HD  and so forth.

You'll also notice that on this screen you can see what percentage of your DVR's hard disk is still available.

Hope this helps.

This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. ........Dwight D. Eisenhower

8 of 18 (2,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2010 5:27:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I never checked because I don't have an hdtv yet.  Although the 3d tvs look really good.  I got to demo two at costco last weekend and that made me want to get one sooner.  Any way, I just checked my stats and I have the 0sd/4hd profile.

I remember when people were complaining that they could only record or watch 1hd channel at a time.  We told them to be patient because more hd streams would come along.  Some people blew us off and others stayed.  And now here they are. 

I know there are still some issues to be resolved, but ATT is still working to improve this service and get our issues resolved.

Good job ATT

9 of 18 (2,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 10:11:35 AM
(0)
Guru

Mine updated to 4HD in the last couple of days -- dunno when.  Guess I need to buy another HDTV!

Hey, RC, your siggy looks neat with the interference, color patterns, then picture!  I hope you did that on purpose!  :smileyhappy: 

10 of 18 (2,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 10:16:05 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'm curious, hpmsrm, what is the bandwidth profile on your RG?  Is it 32/5, or is there a higher profile required for 0 SD/4 HD ?

11 of 18 (1,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 10:25:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

mtsindy wrote:

I'm curious, hpmsrm, what is the bandwidth profile on your RG?  Is it 32/5, or is there a higher profile required for 0 SD/4 HD ?

The 32/5 profile is the highest profile, and it does support the 0 SD/4 HD video profile.

12 of 18 (1,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2010 11:01:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

texasguy37 wrote:
The 32/5 profile is the highest profile, and it does support the 0 SD/4 HD video profile.

Thanks for the quick reply!

13 of 18 (1,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2010 8:13:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

:smileyvery-happy:  We were updated in the wee hours this morning (29-Oct-2010) to 0SD/4HD!  BTW:  We are in Fishers, IN (northeast suburb of Indy).

Our DVR ingress profile had previously been updated to 1SD/3HD, and so I had been suspicious that the 4th HD stream may have been on the way. 

14 of 18 (1,467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2010 3:58:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

Mine apparently was in the middle of being updated and I didn’t realize it. It was not coming on so I immediately power cycled the DVR.  I'm guessing now not a smart move as I saw one gear, then two, the red X with two dots.  I did the ATT chat thing and they had me power cycle again.  That time it did come back up, but all my recordings were gone (big bummer).  That lasted about an hour then the screen froze then went to the three circles (I think), I power cycled again and after it went through the gear stuff again it's hung at the red x and two dots.  Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated!

15 of 18 (1,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2010 8:34:32 AM
(0)
Expert

ddcounts wrote:

Mine apparently was in the middle of being updated and I didn’t realize it. It was not coming on so I immediately power cycled the DVR.  I'm guessing now not a smart move as I saw one gear, then two, the red X with two dots.  I did the ATT chat thing and they had me power cycle again.  That time it did come back up, but all my recordings were gone (big bummer).  That lasted about an hour then the screen froze then went to the three circles (I think), I power cycled again and after it went through the gear stuff again it's hung at the red x and two dots.  Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated!

This sounds like you have a bad DVR.

Call tech support, have them send a premises tech to come replace it with a new one.

16 of 18 (1,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 10:22:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I got the update at about 2:30am dst Nov.1st.  A translucent box popped up on the screen and stated that the 0sd/4hd update had just been downloaded.  There were two buttons that I could choose they were restart system later and restart system now.  I guess I will restart the system when I get an hdtv and subscribe to the hd programming later.:smileywink:

17 of 18 (1,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2010 9:14:19 PM
(0)
Teacher
SF Bay Area: Updated tp 0/4 HD as others. Updated last nite. --Lazarus

18 of 18 (1,100 Views)