Unable to playback recordings on non-DVR receiver

Teacher

Unable to playback recordings on non-DVR receiver

I have the Uverse DVR in the living room hooked up to a HDTV.  Everything works fine at that location.  In the upstairs bedroom, I have a Uverse non-DVR receiver hooked up to an analog TV.  I am unable to playback any recordings on the analog TV without the program stopping and starting every few seconds making it impossible to watch a recorded program.  Uverse was installed in November 2007 and has not been touched since then.  Uverse replaced TWC that was installed in July 1986 when the house was built.  Any suggestions are to where to start to correct this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (1,107 Views)
Expert

Re: Unable to playback recordings on non-DVR receiver

If you have a coaxial cable install, check to make sure that all the connections are still tight.

Message 2 of 7 (1,107 Views)
Teacher

I checked both coaxial cable connections (wall outlet to receiver and receiver to TV) and they are as tight as can be.  Then tried to watch three different recordings but all three stopped and started after a few seconds.

Message 3 of 7 (1,107 Views)
Expert

Did you also check the cable connections on the DVR TV? 

Message 4 of 7 (1,107 Views)
ACE - Expert

Userin53132 wrote:

I have the Uverse DVR in the living room hooked up to a HDTV.  Everything works fine at that location.  In the upstairs bedroom, I have a Uverse non-DVR receiver hooked up to an analog TV.  I am unable to playback any recordings on the analog TV without the program stopping and starting every few seconds making it impossible to watch a recorded program.  Uverse was installed in November 2007 and has not been touched since then.  Uverse replaced TWC that was installed in July 1986 when the house was built.  Any suggestions are to where to start to correct this problem?

I'd look for a possible orphan piece of coax, not connected to any equipment except for a splitter that is connected to Uverse.  Could be acting as a big antenna causing problems such of the recording playback situation. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7 (1,107 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Checked the coaxial cables in the basement...there is not one but five orphan cables!  Any suggestions as to what the next step should be?  Do I need to get AT&T out to my house to clean up the cables?

Message 6 of 7 (1,107 Views)
Expert

Call ts and request a tech come out.  You can ask the tsr to run a test on your service for errors.  Give him/her the day and time of your problems if he/she doesn't see any errors when you call.  800.983-2811

Message 7 of 7 (1,107 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.