Unable to display usage.

Tutor

Unable to display usage.

So it is the 26th of May and I am still seeing the following message on the myusage page. Anyone else seeing this? Any updates? This has gotten way past absurd. 

We're sorry, but we're unable to display your AT&T U-verse Internet usage at this time.
However, usage for any previous AT&T DSL service may be available for viewing.

Usage for: 650-***-**** (Cancelled)

We're sorry, but we're unable to display your Internet usage at this time.

Please try again later. (725)

Message 1 of 15 (1,204 Views)
Professor

Re: Unable to display usage.

Apparently the myusage page for Uverse is still under construction and who knows when it will be available. In the mean time, if you want to monitor usage, you can do it using the realtime app. This thread contains more info and a link to download the realtime app. http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Checking-my-U-Verse-Usage/m-p/2727067/highlight/true#M2...

BTW, I believe that ATT will not be charging for exceeding the cap until the myusage becomes available.

Message 2 of 15 (1,190 Views)
Expert

It is not even clear that the caps have actually been instituted other than the announcement that was sent out.  You won't even get notified unless you go over the maximum.  That site has had that same info for almost a month now.

Message 3 of 15 (1,153 Views)
Contributor

I got that message nearly a month ago. Then I checked the Usage and Recent Activity page and saw that I still have unlimited usage, so there are no usage details to display, so that's that..

Message 4 of 15 (1,130 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

While the usage meter is not yet available, let's not kid ourselves. Att has not issued any statements saying that caps have been delayed. Unless stated otherwise, ATT is monitoring usage. ATT is under no {Keep it Relevant: The forum is not a venue for legal discussions} obligation to provide us with a meter.

Message 5 of 15 (1,055 Views)
Expert

Whenever the question is asked on the U-verse Facebook page, the response from AT&T is that until you have access to the meter do not worry about your usage.  Translation:  Until you have access to the meter, your usage is not being capped so do not worry about it. 

Message 6 of 15 (1,032 Views)
Mentor

texasguy37 wrote:

Whenever the question is asked on the U-verse Facebook page, the response from AT&T is that until you have access to the meter do not worry about your usage.  Translation:  Until you have access to the meter, your usage is not being capped so do not worry about it. 

Yes, ATT says not to worry about usage right now, but no mention of them watching your usage right now. Technically people don't have to worry about usage caps until July because of the two months of grace and only if they went over in May and June. So of course people don't have to worry about it until then. But that doesn't mean that ATT isn't metering people right now.I bet some people will get a "nice" surprise when they get their bill in August.

Message 7 of 15 (996 Views)
Expert

You can chose to ignore the information continue to worry; however, I don't see how that will benefit you. I have enough real problems right now in my personal life that I don't need to create things to worry about.
Message 8 of 15 (987 Views)
Mentor

texasguy37 wrote:
You can chose to ignore the information continue to worry; however, I don't see how that will benefit you. I have enough real problems right now in my personal life that I don't need to create things to worry about.

1) So are you saying that ATT isn't currently measuring it's customers usage?  Because I haven't seen anything about that anywhere.

2) I know where you're coming from about too many worries in life. That's why I dropped uverse, now i don't have to worry about my families internet usage.

Message 9 of 15 (964 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

I'm curious about something.  If you have dropped U-verse, why are you still worried about this, and why are you still posting about this issue on the forum?

Message 10 of 15 (962 Views)

Well I just turned off my last piece of Uverse equipment last night.  Will be calling cust support to send it all back Tues AM.  I have my new provider that is uncapped and cheaper all set up and running.  I think it's important for ATT to realize this will cost them quite a few customers.  And it will be the customers that were paying higher per month totals.  I was paying for the highest tier of internet service but was going to be stuck with the same cap as the person at the lowest tier.  So now it's a moot point as I will no longer be paying ATT anything.  Don't worry this will be my last post on this forum.  ATT just needs to realize that people will vote with their wallets.  I did.

Message 11 of 15 (829 Views)

martincohn wrote:

Well I just turned off my last piece of Uverse equipment last night.  Will be calling cust support to send it all back Tues AM.  I have my new provider that is uncapped and cheaper all set up and running.  I think it's important for ATT to realize this will cost them quite a few customers.  And it will be the customers that were paying higher per month totals.  I was paying for the highest tier of internet service but was going to be stuck with the same cap as the person at the lowest tier.  So now it's a moot point as I will no longer be paying ATT anything.  Don't worry this will be my last post on this forum.  ATT just needs to realize that people will vote with their wallets.  I did.

I bet it doesn't cost them as many customers as you think, and those that do leave such as yourself won't make enough difference with all the new customers that join every month.  Since I'm nowhere near the limit, when they finally do impose the caps I'm not worried about it. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 12 of 15 (788 Views)
Expert

If my usage was so high that the cost to me was that drastic I would make changes to my usage to eliminate the cost.  Going to another provider would mean going back to problems I experienced when I left them.  No one knows how much ATT will charge, if anything at all, for exceeding the usage caps.

Message 13 of 15 (741 Views)
Scholar

If and or when, i hit the caps i will either pay the extra amount or go on an internet diet, plus the fact even with the caps it is still cheaper for me to stay with U-Verse then go to my other provider which i do not intend to do, as i have not had any trouble with U-Verse in over three years.

Message 14 of 15 (721 Views)

gofer6064 wrote:

If and or when, i hit the caps i will either pay the extra amount or go on an internet diet, plus the fact even with the caps it is still cheaper for me to stay with U-Verse then go to my other provider which i do not intend to do, as i have not had any trouble with U-Verse in over three years.

Considering that I'm usually at work or commuting to work from 7am until 6pm, that's 11 hrs per day that I'm not on the internet.  Then there's that thing called sleep that is usually from 10pm until 5am, that's another 7 hrs per day that I'm not on the internet. That leaves 6 hrs of possible internet time.  During that time I'm either cooking or helping the wife cook dinner. Getting my son's food made and getting his bath and bed time together.  Eating dinner, my self and then I usually watch 2 or 3 shows on tv or a Rangers baseball game, that leaves about 2 hrs of internet usage time.  Not worried about the caps at all.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 15 of 15 (704 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.